LDV Convoy needs insurance while converting

Home Forum topic Introduce Yourself LDV Convoy needs insurance while converting

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    JayKaye
    Participant

Hi everybody,

I am planning on buying a half converted LDV but no one will insure it as it is between a minibus with no seats and an unfinished campervan. I can apparently insure it as a minibus but it will cost me about £800 which I can’t afford on top of the cost of the van, tax and conversion. We want to spend a few months working on it but running it for days out in the meantime. Any suggestions please? I will be gutted if I have to lose this because of prohibitive insurance price.

Darren
    Keymaster

Is the vehicle on private
    Is the vehicle on private land? If so you don’t have to insure it.
    Have you tried brokers? http://www.campton.co.uk are very good and have access to many different policies.

Darren
    Keymaster

Have you tried brokers? http://www.campton.co.uk are very good and have access to many different policies.

Darren
    Keymaster

JayKaye
    Participant

Conversion in progress insurance
    Thanks Darren

I’ve tried loads of brokers. It already has all the minimum requirements to insure as a motorhome but the last company wont touch it because the buying price is too low and it will have to be kept at the back of the house but in a public area. We also want to use the vehicle on and off while we are spending time converting it.

JayKaye
    Participant

Thanks Darren

I’ve tried loads of brokers. It already has all the minimum requirements to insure as a motorhome but the last company wont touch it because the buying price is too low and it will have to be kept at the back of the house but in a public area. We also want to use the vehicle on and off while we are spending time converting it.

JayKaye
    Participant

Thanks Darren

stuart
    Participant

Conversion insurance
    I had the same problem. My insurance would insure a van or camper but not if using it during the conversion. I found a company Adrian Flux who will insure vans while converting. I think they advertise on this site.

Stuart

stuart
    Participant

Conversion insurance
    I had the same problem. My insurance would insure a van or camper but not if using it during the conversion. I found a company Adrian Flux who will insure vans while converting. I think they advertise on this site.

Stuart

stuart
    Participant

Conversion insurance

Stuart

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.