LDV Convoy licence

Home Forum topic Buying or selling a camper van LDV Convoy licence

• This topic has 4 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    lucy
    Participant

Hi there, I am new to the forums but have been wanting to do a campervan conversion for a long time! I am finally in a position to be able to start thinking about it more seriously which is very exciting but also a little daunting! After doing some research I am leaning towards getting an LDV convoy as it seems a good size for what I want to put in it and for 2 people living in it for fairly lengthy periods. Having said that, I did see a Peugeot Boxer in town the other day which also looked good. I like the idea of minibuses because they already have windows!

I have been looking into buying an LDV Convoy and there are some really good quality ones available from dealers local to me and within my budget too. However, my main issue in thinking about buying is that I can’t seem to find a straight forward answer as to whether or not I would require a special licence for something like a LDV convoy, Peugeot Boxer or similar. Does anybody have experience with this type of vehicle? Apologies if this has been asked a million times already! Any guidance would be much appreciated!

Darren

Hi
    Hi

Nice to hear from you.
    LDV Convoy is a good vehicle. Great size.
    Mini-buses are good, as you say, because of the windows. They are often better looked after than vans, as they don’t get used for carrying around building materials, etc.
    The problem is often you have too many windows,. Not a problem for everyone though.
    Make sure the windows open, though!

If you passed your driving text after 1997, you can drive fewer vehicles that others.
    There are different weights of vans. Most are 3.5 tonnes, others are 4.5 or 5 tonnes.
    If you buy a van rated at 3.5 tonnes, you can drive it on any car license, even if you passed after 1997.

Hope that helps

Darren

Darren

Hi
    Hi

Nice to hear from you.
    LDV Convoy is a good vehicle. Great size.
    Mini-buses are good, as you say, because of the windows. They are often better looked after than vans, as they don’t get used for carrying around building materials, etc.
    The problem is often you have too many windows,. Not a problem for everyone though.
    Make sure the windows open, though!

If you passed your driving text after 1997, you can drive fewer vehicles that others.
    There are different weights of vans. Most are 3.5 tonnes, others are 4.5 or 5 tonnes.
    If you buy a van rated at 3.5 tonnes, you can drive it on any car license, even if you passed after 1997.

Hope that helps

Darren

Anonymous

That is much clearer, thank
    That is much clearer, thank you very much!

Good tip about the windows too, stupidly it hadn’t occurred to me to check they opened!

Lucy

Anonymous

That is much clearer, thank
    That is much clearer, thank you very much!

Good tip about the windows too, stupidly it hadn’t occurred to me to check they opened!

Lucy

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.