Just Wanted

Home Forum topic General Chit Chat Just Wanted

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)
  • Author
    Wanderer007
    Participant

Hello Everyone my name is John 🙂 I just turned 50 and now I am going to live the dream. I had a few campers in my time but never had time to use them. I live in most places in the UK and my passed campers have been two VW’s Type 2, and now a proud owner of Poppy who is a VW T4 Richard Holdsworth conversation. Bought in Bolton from a fella who was brought up in the Military.

So Poppy name came from that because she was purchased in November 2011. At the moment I am driving a Renault Kangoo (Rennie) who I was considering converting as a daily commuter and a wild Camper whilst I take part in Races (running around the country) Half Marathons mainly just to keep fit.

Poppy has not hit the open road yet she still in Bolton with some electrical faults but passed her MOT, I live in Bath and will be looking to return to Bolton in the summer.

Bath is a wonderful place to live, but 3 and half years is enough for me, so I am looking forward to exchange and learn new things, you never know if any of us would meet and who knows we could even do a half together.

I have loved reading all the blogs and experiences and I feel I will be a regular visitor.

Darren
    Keymaster

Hi John
    Great to hear from

Hi John

Great to hear from you.
    Glad you’re starting to live the dream 🙂
    Poppy sounds interesting. Hopefully you will post some photos here.
    Richard Holdsworth conversions look good.
    Where abouts are you intending to travel now?

Darren
    Keymaster

Hi John
    Great to hear from

Hi John

Great to hear from you.

Darren
    Keymaster

Hi John
    Great to hear from

Hi John

Great to hear from you.

Darren
    Keymaster

Hi John
    Great to hear from

Hi John

Great to hear from you.

Darren
    Keymaster

Hi John
    Great to hear from

Hi John

Great to hear from you.

Darren
    Keymaster

Hi John
    Great to hear from

Hi John

Great to hear from you.

Darren
    Keymaster

Hi John
    Great to hear from

Hi John

Great to hear from you.

Darren
    Keymaster

Hi John
    Great to hear from

Hi John

Great to hear from you.

Darren
    Keymaster

Hi John
    Great to hear from

Hi John

Great to hear from you.

Darren
    Keymaster

Hi John
    Great to hear from

Hi John

Great to hear from you.

Wanderer007
    Participant

Thank You
    Darren, strangely by chance after reading most of your members I have changed tack. Thanks to your website and experiences. Poppy will be going in the Garage at the weekend. But I have decided to change and up grade Rennie (Renault Kangoo) to Pepe’ (newer version Kangoo ML 19 plus model with 105 BHP with a 1461 Diesel) she is a 09 plate model with all the mod cons with only 19k, its slightly bigger and also it have a sliding roof,the other useful items electric everything, tinted windows, more horse power, better colour, blue tooth and MP3. What more could I ask for.

Well after reading your story and blogs, I wanted to use the van more, so fuel was a big issue for me. I do have a couple of tricks up my sleeve and hopefully your readers will be impressed. We will see down line, but the main issue why I changed I want to enter more Half Marathons and travel in the UK more. Meet people who may take part from here. So once Poppy is all sorted serviced with full MOT, all the electrics done, plus the gas heaters and all the interior being serviced, matched with 12 months tax.

Who ever buys her will love the experience from the turn of the key. Some one is going to be very lucky, that said the new owner will be selected I dont need to sell her.

My first dream is to convert my van by the end of March, and travel the UK coast line and do Half Marathons on route where possible. All this will be done in Pepe’

Like your Dad Darren I am in the Forces 🙂 you have to tell him, that I am a Army Physical Training Instructor he will smile with that comment because he would have to come across us through is Army Career to get him fit to fight.

I did started off life as a Renault Mechanic, then moved to VW and Audi Tech advisor, before joining the Army after 29 years I decided to move on. I have enjoyed the job but want more time for myself now.

I do envy those who have lived in the van full time and made there own way in life without following the normal route of having an house mortgage etc. Great on them living the dream and adventure.

Well Darren I never did find out what you did in your self employment life to live your dream, but what ever it was just reading your blogs you come over a well educated fella so I have the feeling you live life how you want.

I will now have an open mind after my UK travel, because I have committed to the TA part time Army 🙂 see I cant get rid of all the Military cloth (your dad will understand) but I will learn from your web site and seek advice if that ok with you.

As your dad would know I may even set up an convoy or explorers because to create a trip for campers. Like a Military Manoeuvres but with more fun and our choices. My world is an oyster now. I can also tell you my first song when I set off will be by Andy Williams “To Dream The Impossible Dream” Honda advert.

Darren thanks for the reply and most importantly thank you for your website I am grateful for the inspiration.

Kind Regards

John

Wanderer007
    Participant

Thank You
    Darren, strangely by chance after reading most of your members I have changed tack. Thanks to your website and experiences. Poppy will be going in the Garage at the weekend. But I have decided to change and up grade Rennie (Renault Kangoo) to Pepe’ (newer version Kangoo ML 19 plus model with 105 BHP with a 1461 Diesel) she is a 09 plate model with all the mod cons with only 19k, its slightly bigger and also it have a sliding roof,the other useful items electric everything, tinted windows, more horse power, better colour, blue tooth and MP3. What more could I ask for.

Well after reading your story and blogs, I wanted to use the van more, so fuel was a big issue for me. I do have a couple of tricks up my sleeve and hopefully your readers will be impressed. We will see down line, but the main issue why I changed I want to enter more Half Marathons and travel in the UK more. Meet people who may take part from here. So once Poppy is all sorted serviced with full MOT, all the electrics done, plus the gas heaters and all the interior being serviced, matched with 12 months tax.

Who ever buys her will love the experience from the turn of the key. Some one is going to be very lucky, that said the new owner will be selected I dont need to sell her.

My first dream is to convert my van by the end of March, and travel the UK coast line and do Half Marathons on route where possible. All this will be done in Pepe’

Like your Dad Darren I am in the Forces 🙂 you have to tell him, that I am a Army Physical Training Instructor he will smile with that comment because he would have to come across us through is Army Career to get him fit to fight.

I did started off life as a Renault Mechanic, then moved to VW and Audi Tech advisor, before joining the Army after 29 years I decided to move on. I have enjoyed the job but want more time for myself now.

I do envy those who have lived in the van full time and made there own way in life without following the normal route of having an house mortgage etc. Great on them living the dream and adventure.

Well Darren I never did find out what you did in your self employment life to live your dream, but what ever it was just reading your blogs you come over a well educated fella so I have the feeling you live life how you want.

I will now have an open mind after my UK travel, because I have committed to the TA part time Army 🙂 see I cant get rid of all the Military cloth (your dad will understand) but I will learn from your web site and seek advice if that ok with you.

As your dad would know I may even set up an convoy or explorers because to create a trip for campers. Like a Military Manoeuvres but with more fun and our choices. My world is an oyster now. I can also tell you my first song when I set off will be by Andy Williams “To Dream The Impossible Dream” Honda advert.

Darren thanks for the reply and most importantly thank you for your website I am grateful for the inspiration.

Kind Regards

John

Wanderer007
    Participant

Thank You

Kind Regards

John

Wanderer007
    Participant

Thank You

Kind Regards

John

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.