Japanese Import – European Breakdown Worries

Home Forum topic Vehicle maintenance, suggestions and ideas Japanese Import – European Breakdown Worries

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    benno1875
    Participant

Hello

I’m after some guidance please.

I own a 2005 Mazda bongo 2.0 litre petrol. It’s a 4 berth conversion and we love it. However, someone sewed a seed of doubt in my mind recently.

We like to go to France each year and next year we plan on a summer trip to the Alps. Until now, I’d never really given breaking down much thought, although, we do have RAC European cover.

The sewer of doubt made the point that a breakdown in a Japanese import wouldn’t be as straight forward as breaking down in a European vehicle as Japanese imports are only popular in the UK and there would be no parts available and the van would have to go home. Bye bye holiday.

This has made me feel a touch nervous and thought that I should maybe consider getting a Renault trafic conversion (or something similar). However, I like having a petrol camper as it means that I don’t have to worry what may / may not happen regarding diesel vehicles.

Any thoughts?

Many thanks in advance.

Darren
    Keymaster

Hi

I wouldn’t worry about it. I think you will be able to get parts almost as easily.
    Japanese import models are almost always exactly the same as UK models, and I suspect the large majority of these are sold in in Europe as well, with parts being available.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.