Interior carpet

Home Forum topic Campervan Conversions Interior carpet

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Sheps
    Participant

Hi All

I’m just about to buy my interior carpet for my conversion but I only need about 11m2, i’m buying from The Automobile Trimmings Co and for the 11m2 it’s going to cost around £7.60 per m2 with the VAT but if i buy a roll it works out as £4.70 per m2.

As you can see I’ll make a saving of about £3 per m2 if I buy a roll which starts to add up to a large saving and I was wondering if there’s anyone who’ll buy whats left of the roll after i’m done. It would be a roll about 24m x 2m in Needle Punched Automotive Carpet in Charcoal.

I’m looking to order it within the next couple of days.

I live in North Devon and would be happy to deliver it within reasonable distance.

If anyone has any advice on buying somewhere else please let me know.

Thanks

Sheps

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
  1. i sell needlepunch automotive carpet cheap…
    hi all, if your looking for campervan carpet and dont want to get ripped off call me 07970260184 or email [email protected], ive got light weight foamback 12 colours £3.75 m2, medium weight felt back 9 colours £4.50 m2. im based 2 minutes from junction 16 on the saffordshire cheshire border cllection is welcome or i can arrange a courrier. many thanks darren.

2. conversion tips
    This summer my project is to turn my panal van VW T5 LWB into a camper van. So I need to put roof ventilator, Auxilary battry, insulatting and carpeting. added heating and a compact kitchen pot, I now need before start working ides to avoid desasters from experience friends. also where can we get items cheeper too

any help please?

1. Hi Sam
      It’s hard to give

Hi Sam

It’s hard to give unspecific disaster avoidance help, but make sure you plan thoroughly. Try to make a mockup in your vehicle with boxes and other objects to test the layout before you start building.
      When putting in roof-lights take your time. It is difficult to fix any erros when cutting holes in the roof or walls of the van.
      eBay is a great place to find cheap parts for a build. DIY stores (B&Q, Wickes) are generally expensive. For cheaper timber and woods go to you local wood merchant. They can be upto 50% cheaper.

3. left over carpet
    I’m on the sunny Isle of Anglesey and have just bought an 03 T4, I’m looking to carpet the back. how much left and how much you want? You travelling up this way ever? You surf either stand up or kayak there is loads around this island. I used to live in Chivenor and use the local hotspots to surf there. let me know what you have. Thanks Philip Maddog

4. Sheps carpet
    Hi Sheps how much will be left after your finished, will there be enough to do my T5. Cheers. [email protected]