How do we start please?

Home Forum topic Campervan Conversions How do we start please?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    TheStreet
    Participant

Hi All

We are about to embark on turning an ex-council library van into a home for the family for the next 2 years. We have several questions and many more as we go along no doubt!
    1. Where do we start please? We are thinking of building in the beds and sleeping in it for a few days to get a feel of the van but where would you start please?
    2. How complete should we go? My wife wants minimal, i.e. log burner and kettle for hot water and possibly all cooking arrangements. No real kitchen so to speak just a fridge and a table along with the log burner. Compost toilet and basic shower. I reckon if we are living in it we should have it kitted out like a home, add a hot water system with a proper shower, build in a proper kitchen, etc.
    3. Is there anywhere in Cornwall that can help with electrics and plumbing? Or can we use a local electrician and plumber?

Thanks for the help.

Rich

mgroadster
    Participant

I’ve left some stuff on your
    I’ve left some stuff on your other thread but a….Compost toilet in a van? how does that work then without stinking the gaff out?
    Wouldn’t a chemical toilet be a bit easier to handle?
    I got one of my Electrician customers to install my 240v power. I did all the donkey work and he just ensured the right cable went in the right places.
    Keep bouncing design ideas about between yourselves until you get the mix that suits you both.

mgroadster
    Participant

I’ve left some stuff on your other thread but a….Compost toilet in a van? how does that work then without stinking the gaff out?
    I got one of my Electrician customers to install my 240v power. I did all the donkey work and he just ensured the right cable went in the right places.
    Keep bouncing design ideas about between yourselves until you get the mix that suits you both.

mgroadster
    Participant

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.