hide a 240v hook up

Home Forum topic Campervan Conversions hide a 240v hook up

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    vaandmit
    Participant

Hi
    Were in the planning stages of converting a Mercedes Vito and are wanting to hide our electric hook up and not cut into the sides of the van due to the doors. Any advice regarding this would be great!! we have seen t4 & t5 240v hook up in fog lights and a transit with it hidden in engine. Anyone done this?
    Cheers

Darren
    Keymaster

I have a a recessed hookup
    I have a a recessed hookup socket, which is fluch with the van side.
    Have also seen them mounted into the wheel arch.

Darren
    Keymaster

Darren
    Keymaster

Kris
    Participant

Under the body
    Hi Vaandmit
    I hid my hookup under the body (of my Ford Transit) using a water resistant chassis mount, I was going to Mount it in the engine bay but after talking to a sparky he advised me against it & I thought it was a bit messy.

In the end it was a very neat job, so im very happy 😀

Kris
    Participant

Under the body
    Hi Vaandmit
    I hid my hookup under the body (of my Ford Transit) using a water resistant chassis mount, I was going to Mount it in the engine bay but after talking to a sparky he advised me against it & I thought it was a bit messy.

Kris
    Participant

Under the body
    Hi Vaandmit

vaandmit
    Participant

240v recessed hook up
    Hi Darren
    How did you do this?? Any photo’s?
    Thanks

vaandmit
    Participant

240v recessed hook up
    Hi Darren
    Thanks

vaandmit
    Participant

240v recessed hook up
    Hi Darren
    Thanks

vaandmit
    Participant

Kris
    Thanks for the photos of your hook up, I am keen to hide mine. Does your hook up get muddy or wet if on the move?

vaandmit
    Participant

Kris
    Thanks for the photos of your hook up, I am keen to hide mine. Does your hook up get muddy or wet if on the move?

vaandmit
    Participant

Kris

Kris
    Participant

gets a lil bit wet
    Hi
    It gets a little bit wet from spray on the outside but theres rubber gaskets to stop water from entering the internal bits.

you could put a plastic flap just before it or one with a case if you were concerned, (I don’t think its needed)

Theres enough room under mine to fit an external flush mount hookup which would protect it more from spray and dirt. But in my opinion its fine.

Kris
    Participant

gets a lil bit wet
    Hi
    It gets a little bit wet from spray on the outside but theres rubber gaskets to stop water from entering the internal bits.

you could put a plastic flap just before it or one with a case if you were concerned, (I don’t think its needed)

Theres enough room under mine to fit an external flush mount hookup which would protect it more from spray and dirt. But in my opinion its fine.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.