Help! Please (buying my first campervan!)

Home Forum topic Buying or selling a camper van Help! Please (buying my first campervan!)

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Hannah
    Participant

Hi,

I’m buying my very first ever campervan. I’d really like a T1 or T2. I’m not sure whether to buy a good one or to buy a fixer uper and get it converted (if I did this I’d need it professionally converted as I wouldn’t be able to myself).

Can anyone please give me some advice on where to start..so far I have only been looking on ebay. If there are any other good websites to buy or for conversions I’s be really grateful to know about them or any general help and advice. My max budget would be £8000, is this realistic?

Thank you!

Darren
    Keymaster

Hi Hannah
    I’m no expert, but

Hi Hannah

I’m no expert, but owning a T1 or T2 is more about owning a classic vehicle, that is a campervan. You’ll need to maintain it regularly, and if it’s not perfect, you’ll need to spend time and money restoring it in someway.

They are beautiful vehicles, but quite removed from modern vehicles where you can jump in and drive it everyday without thinking about maintenance.

Be fully informed before buying one. I would recommend joining a VW bus forum and chat to the people there. They will tell you about buying and owning one.

All the best

Darren

Darren
    Keymaster

Hi Hannah
    I’m no expert, but

Hi Hannah

I’m no expert, but owning a T1 or T2 is more about owning a classic vehicle, that is a campervan. You’ll need to maintain it regularly, and if it’s not perfect, you’ll need to spend time and money restoring it in someway.

They are beautiful vehicles, but quite removed from modern vehicles where you can jump in and drive it everyday without thinking about maintenance.

Be fully informed before buying one. I would recommend joining a VW bus forum and chat to the people there. They will tell you about buying and owning one.

All the best

Darren

Darren
    Keymaster

Hi Hannah
    I’m no expert, but

Hi Hannah

All the best

Darren

Darren
    Keymaster

Hi Hannah
    I’m no expert, but

Hi Hannah

All the best

Darren

Hannah
    Participant

Thanks for the advice, I’ll
    Thanks for the advice, I’ll try that!

Hannah
    Participant

Hannah
    Participant

Hannah
    Participant

stewart1979
    Participant

and for that money you’ll get
    and for that money you’ll get a not too bad bay you wouldnt get a t1, like darren says you need real passion and love to be an owner of one of these vehicles if you have go for it

stewart1979
    Participant

and for that money you’ll get a not too bad bay you wouldnt get a t1, like darren says you need real passion and love to be an owner of one of these vehicles if you have go for it

stewart1979
    Participant

stewart1979
    Participant

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.