HELP! Flashing light on dash

Home Forum topic Vehicle maintenance, suggestions and ideas HELP! Flashing light on dash

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    clair
    Participant

Hi, can anyone help? Iv been driving our 1984 vw transporter diesel arond for a couple of weeks now and she starts perfectly every time but is slightly smokey,the smoke clears fairly quickly so isnt a huge concern. It also has a flashing red light on the dash above the heater gauge which comes on and off randomly also the heater gauge needle hits over half way really quickly but then stays put and has even gone back down after a few miles of driving ? The fluids are well topped up,please excuse my non technical terms but i think this kind of makes sense and hopefully this is something which we can sort out for ourselves, many thanks clair

mgroadster
    Participant

When was the oil & filter
    When was the oil & filter last changed? What colour is the smoke? is it a bluey grey or black?
    red light could be a faulty sensor/switch,or a warning of something that will need attention, what symbal does it have on it or next to it?

mgroadster
    Participant

When was the oil & filter last changed? What colour is the smoke? is it a bluey grey or black?
    red light could be a faulty sensor/switch,or a warning of something that will need attention, what symbal does it have on it or next to it?

mgroadster
    Participant

clair
    Participant

Hi, were not sure when the
    Hi, were not sure when the filter or oil was last done but were due to do these jobs at the weekend,weve changed the air filter which looked well over due. Its a bluey grey smoke,picked it up from garage today and they have found a small leak in deisel pipe on top of engine and weve also got a replacement pipe for underneath as we think this could have a leak,Lots to look at!! i might have take a photo of the symbal and attatch it as not sure what it is, were trying to find a manual on this van but they seem few and far between, thanks for the reply clair

clair
    Participant

Hi, were not sure when the filter or oil was last done but were due to do these jobs at the weekend,weve changed the air filter which looked well over due. Its a bluey grey smoke,picked it up from garage today and they have found a small leak in deisel pipe on top of engine and weve also got a replacement pipe for underneath as we think this could have a leak,Lots to look at!! i might have take a photo of the symbal and attatch it as not sure what it is, were trying to find a manual on this van but they seem few and far between, thanks for the reply clair

clair
    Participant

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.