Hello

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    eclipse
    Participant

Hi name is David from Leicestershire van to convert is an ldv convoy minibus

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
  1. Hi David
    Nice to hear from

Hi David

Nice to hear from you.
    Good luck with your conversion. What plans do you have so far?

1. This is my first conversion
      This is my first conversion and at the moment I am half way through taking the seats out So that I can remove the inner panels to start insulating it. I have been reading a few of the postings on this forum about insulation and I think I will go with Celotex / kingspan and the recycled plastic for the more fiddly bits. I have read that that I need to leave a gap for ventilation to stop condensation if I have read it right I need to leave a gap between the insulation and the body panel? Once that is done I will take pen to paper and mark out a plan of where things will go. I would like on board water and have been looking at a 70ltr water tank and an 110ltr but I think that may be a bit big.

1. I have used Celotex and the
        I have used Celotex and the recycled plastic bottle wool, and it has worked very well.
        A gap is a good idea to ensure the inside and outside do not touch each other.
        I’m not sure on which side of the insulation is the best to leave the gap. I have attached the celotex to the inside of the van walls, leaving the gap between the lining plywood and the celotex. Certainly no problems with that for me.
        Perhaps others can give a different opinion.

If you want to hide electrics or water pipes behind the lining then do that now as well. I don’t use that technique as my plans change as I build, so I fit the wires and pipes afterwards.