hello!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    pugboxlwb
    Participant

Hello fellow campervanners!

I’m Zack, 22 from Portsmouth. (UK)

Firstly, 95% of my posts will be from a mobile device, so I’ll apologise in advance for spelling or grammatical errors.

I’ve been living in a caravan on a campsite for the past 18 months, my caravan is a burstner City from 1994, when I got it it was an absolute mess, so I stripped and rebuilt the whole thing, putting in proper 240v electrics throughout, building all the furniture and so on.

18 months later the caravan is done, and whilst I love living in it, I’m fed up to the teeth of the campsite I’m on. And seeing as the caravan is untowable (due to 2.5t of extra weight!) I’ve decided its about time I move.

So I bought a van!

The van is a long wheel based 1999 Peugeot Boxer 2.5d, which has done a meager 79k, has a full service history, 1 years MOT and 6 months tax. All for the grand sum of £1200. (Not a bad price IMO – only issue is I’ve gotta drive 120 miles to fetch it!)

The plan is to reuse/repurpose the stuff in the caravan, timber, memory foam mattress, electrical equip, etc and then beg and buy the rest.

My aim over the next 3 months is to gut my caravan and sell what I don’t need on eBay, then move on to convert the van!

Very excited! I’ll be keeping a build/feels blog which I’ll set up when I’m at work on Tuesday and post a link.

Nice to meet you all 🙂

Zack

mgroadster
    Participant

Welcome, Sounds like you have
    Welcome, Sounds like you have some work to do!
    Once you have taken all the weight out of the Burstner, maybe you can sell the rolling shell on fleabay as well? Folk buy em for all sorts, like sheds/workshops etc.
    I always end up travelling for motors, as they are never near home!
    Sounds like you got a good deal on the Pug boxer.

mgroadster
    Participant

Welcome, Sounds like you have
    Welcome, Sounds like you have some work to do!
    Once you have taken all the weight out of the Burstner, maybe you can sell the rolling shell on fleabay as well? Folk buy em for all sorts, like sheds/workshops etc.
    I always end up travelling for motors, as they are never near home!
    Sounds like you got a good deal on the Pug boxer.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.