Greetings

Home Forum topic Introduce Yourself Greetings

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Tazzed
    Participant

Hi there,
    Just about to start a conversion project and found this nice site!

So Got a LWB Hi roof 2004 Sprinter now parked on the drive, well when i’m not driving it that is, And i plan to start converting it this month to a Motor home.

First time i’ve done it so i’ll be asking LOTS of advice..

LIke firstly Whats the best order of doing the work?
    I’ve been told to put the windows in last BUT also that they have to go in first – So what is it?
    It’s getting converted on the drive so i can’t just cut holes in it and leave it 3 weeks.

Cheers

Paul

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
  1. You can of course add the
    You can of course add the windows last, but most people find it easier to start with.
    If you cut holes in the van first, you cannot really change your mind after about the layout, you are rather stuck with it.
    If you are likely to change your mind about the final layout or the position of windows or vents, try and do them last.

2. I agree. Adding windows and
    I agree. Adding windows and roof vents is a lot easier when you can easily get to the metal inside. Once you have insulated it and started adding fittings it is much easier to cut holes in the van.

Once you have the windows and vents in, insulate and line the insides.
    Some people like to carpet or line the walls at this stage. Other people like to do it after the furniture.
    Then start adding the seating area or kitchen area.
    Electrics and water is generally best added last, once you have the furniture and fittings in.

3. hi paul
    hi paul, personaly i would mark out where everything is going first. Then fit windows, roof vents awning, and water tanks first as you cant get to fix these at a later stage.