Front (drivers) seat broken, where to source a new one

Home Forum topic Vehicle maintenance, suggestions and ideas Front (drivers) seat broken, where to source a new one

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Kate W
    Participant

I have an ageing Renault Trafic which has roll-down front seats which make up part of the bed (I think the seats are originally from a Holdsworth conversion donor vehicle). The driver’s seat has been refusing to roll up properly, so when we took it apart this evening, it appears that some metal tubing in the frame has sheared apart. So we need a new seat to be able to even use the van.

Does anyone have any ideas where I can source a roll-down seat which lies completely flat? I’ve spent all evening searching the internet, but not knowing the official name of the type of seat, I’m coming up with a blank. This is pretty devastating as it means that our summer plans are not going to work 🙁

The seats look like the ones on this page for the Trafic Holdsworth “Romance” conversion
    http://www.rtmr.org/holdsworth.html

Hope someone can help!

Darren
    Keymaster

Maybe it’s better to take the
    Maybe it’s better to take the seat to an engineering works and have them repair the metal tubing. If they can get a welder to the tubing they can probably fix it.

Darren
    Keymaster

Maybe it’s better to take the
    Maybe it’s better to take the seat to an engineering works and have them repair the metal tubing. If they can get a welder to the tubing they can probably fix it.

Kate W
    Participant

Thanks for replying Darren.
    Thanks for replying Darren. We’re off to a friend who does welding’s house tomorrow evening in the hope that he can sort it. The seat is currently in bits in the shed and I’m hoping I’ll be able to reassemble it if the friend is successful with his welding!

Kate W
    Participant

Thanks for replying Darren.
    Thanks for replying Darren. We’re off to a friend who does welding’s house tomorrow evening in the hope that he can sort it. The seat is currently in bits in the shed and I’m hoping I’ll be able to reassemble it if the friend is successful with his welding!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.