Fridge Venting

Home Forum topic Campervan Conversions Fridge Venting

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Mav359
    Participant

Hi guys

sorry another vents question

In my head one of the first jobs is to get any external cutting done prior to ply lining the van and carpeting.

How accurate do the fridge vents need to be in relation to the fridges position? Once i buy the van and finalize any plans I’ll know where the fridge will be so i should be able to cut the vents in the correct position but would it matter if they are are out slightly?

Do the fridges have venting ducts up to the vents or is it just a rough align with the opening?

I’m just trying to think as far ahead as possible and build an “Step by Step” list

Cheers

ofb
    Participant

re vent
    2 main vent [ based on what I copied from the caravan I broke up ] are for air flow / circulation ….1 top / 1 bottom so no problem IMO for being not exact. the one for the hot / warm fridge gas outlet needs to be correct , not a lot a room for error.

Hope this helps , remember I’m no expert ….this is just what I’ve done and how I view it .

ofb
    Participant

re vent
    2 main vent [ based on what I copied from the caravan I broke up ] are for air flow / circulation ….1 top / 1 bottom so no problem IMO for being not exact. the one for the hot / warm fridge gas outlet needs to be correct , not a lot a room for error.

Hope this helps , remember I’m no expert ….this is just what I’ve done and how I view it .

ofb
    Participant

re vent

Darren
    Keymaster

You have a top vent and a
    You have a top vent and a bottom vent for air circulation only. They don’t have to be super accurate. However there is also a burnt gas exhaust. This needs to be really accurate. This is normally a metal square. Sometimes it is built into the top circulation vent.

Fitting vents after insulation/lining is not impossible. I’ve fitted many things through the wall ( including an entire window) after lining.

Darren
    Keymaster

You have a top vent and a bottom vent for air circulation only. They don’t have to be super accurate. However there is also a burnt gas exhaust. This needs to be really accurate. This is normally a metal square. Sometimes it is built into the top circulation vent.

Fitting vents after insulation/lining is not impossible. I’ve fitted many things through the wall ( including an entire window) after lining.

Darren
    Keymaster

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.