Fridge Vent

Home Forum topic Campervan Conversions Fridge Vent

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    JR
    Participant

Heya

I have taken a kitchen unit out of an old caravan I stripped for converting my vsan, but the only space it is going to fit is behanind the driver and passanger seats. In the unit is a 3 way fridge, but I am not sure what to do about veinting my fridge. Any ideas?

Also does anybody know of the easiest least complicated way of heating my van, as I am planning to be in eruope in next winter, and will probably need something to heat it.

Cheers
    jen

Darren
    Keymaster

Hi Jen
    To use the fridge on

Hi Jen

To use the fridge on gas you need to have properly ventilation.
    Most fridges have 2 vents that go through the walls of the van. The bottom one allows cool air to come in from the outside. It passes over the back of the fridge, which gets hot, then the hot air passes out of the top vent, to the outside.
    The burnt gas fumes are very dangerous and also need to be vented to the outside. This normally happens using the edge of the top vent.
    You need to get the right vents for your fridge. To use it on gas you will need to mount the fridge with the back on the van walls, and not against the seats like you have shown.

Heating is difficult. The easiest and cheapest way is a portable has heater. Electric for on hookup, gas for when not on hookup. Please not though, that unvented gas fires musnt be used without proper ventilation, i.e. windows open, or else you will suffer from carbon monoxide poisoning.

Darren
    Keymaster

Hi Jen
    To use the fridge on

Hi Jen

Most fridges have 2 vents that go through the walls of the van. The bottom one allows cool air to come in from the outside. It passes over the back of the fridge, which gets hot, then the hot air passes out of the top vent, to the outside.
    The burnt gas fumes are very dangerous and also need to be vented to the outside. This normally happens using the edge of the top vent.
    You need to get the right vents for your fridge. To use it on gas you will need to mount the fridge with the back on the van walls, and not against the seats like you have shown.

Heating is difficult. The easiest and cheapest way is a portable has heater. Electric for on hookup, gas for when not on hookup. Please not though, that unvented gas fires musnt be used without proper ventilation, i.e. windows open, or else you will suffer from carbon monoxide poisoning.

Darren
    Keymaster

Hi Jen
    To use the fridge on

Hi Jen

Darren
    Keymaster

Hi Jen
    To use the fridge on

Hi Jen

Darren
    Keymaster

Hi Jen
    To use the fridge on

Hi Jen

Darren
    Keymaster

Hi Jen
    To use the fridge on

Hi Jen

Darren
    Keymaster

Hi Jen
    To use the fridge on

Hi Jen

Darren
    Keymaster

Hi Jen
    To use the fridge on

Hi Jen

Darren
    Keymaster

Hi Jen
    To use the fridge on

Hi Jen

Darren
    Keymaster

Hi Jen
    To use the fridge on

Hi Jen

Darren
    Keymaster

Hi Jen
    To use the fridge on

Hi Jen

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.