Ford Transit Camper conv. (1998)

Home Forum topic Camper Vans For Sale Ford Transit Camper conv. (1998)

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    krishner
    Participant

Lovely comfortable and reliable camper for sale. Perfect for the summer – especially the British summer! She is a 1998 Campervan conversion (V5 class Motorhome). The interior is well laid out and very practical. You can stand up in the van – which makes a massive difference – and various cupboards, compartments and storage makes this van quite a find and lovely to use. It has a gas hob and a sink with electric pump, which are both fed by a separate rear amenities cupboard containing gas bottle and water storage. The sink drains to a separate sluice outside the van. There is both 12V and mains hookup with cables (standard cabling that fits UK/Europe sites) all controlled in the interior by a zig unit. There is interior lighting, roof storage (which also doubles as another bed space) and a CD/Radio/Bluetooth unit in the cab. There is also a table which is cleverly mounted in the roof space and can easily be fitted when needed. Matching curtains enclose the space, and there are insulated padded foils for the windscreen and the front side windows, ensuring privacy and giving a cosy feeling. There is also a solar panel that trickle feeds the 12V (two batteries mounted in the engine – one for the vehicle, one for the camper elements.) Finally, there is a roof vent with insect mesh, and no leaks – even in the worst of British downpours!

I only bought her in March (having said that she’s been with me to Devon and Normandy in that time) and I’ve given her a good run around to see how she feels. I decided that I’d treat her to a few new things and have spent £850 on new parts to give her a new lease of life, including a new radiator, fan, bearings and spindle and brand new timing belt, new fuel head bardoleak off pipes, and a new handbrake cable, amongst other things.

She’s a 98 Diesel transit, with 145k on the clock. She’s an old lady but in good nick for her years. These Transits are solid workhorses and she’s easily got another 100k in her (some of them go on for ever.) As with her age there are always things to ‘do’ and she needs someone willing to give a little tlc. However, you won’t be disappointed as she really is pretty and practical camper (albeit with a growling voice and a wide beam!!)

As I said I bought her in March and did bit of travelling in her, but then I was offered a job abroad starting in September. So she needs to go, but I thought it would be good to let someone else have her now, ready in time for the camping/festival season.

By all means get in touch for any qnA’s. Thank you. JK

Anonymous

Hi, Just wondering what price
    Hi, Just wondering what price you have on this?
    R./

Anonymous

Hi, Just wondering what price
    Hi, Just wondering what price you have on this?
    R./

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.