Flash banding for sound proofing

Home Forum topic Campervan Conversions Flash banding for sound proofing

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    woosman
    Participant

Hi,

just wondering whether anyone has used flash banding tape for bitumen tape to sound proof there vans? I know there seems to be a lot of pros and cons to this but I am wondering what anybody has used to sound deaden, Dynomat is just too expensive.

Thinking of starting my van off with flash banding for the the sound deadening before I make a start with the insulation.

What do others think here?

Anonymous

flashbanding
    Used banding on our Vivaro. Get the wider banding…widest possible for floor. Used a mix of the widest and some of the middle width banding for ease of use in the harder to fit areas. We then fixed aluminium bubble wrap to this and so far very happy with results.

Anonymous

flashbanding
    Used banding on our Vivaro. Get the wider banding…widest possible for floor. Used a mix of the widest and some of the middle width banding for ease of use in the harder to fit areas. We then fixed aluminium bubble wrap to this and so far very happy with results.

woosman
    Participant

Hi,
    Yeh that seems to be the

Hi,

Yeh that seems to be the general idea from what I have read up, did you do the roof/ceiling as well? And did you use contact spray on to the panels first?

I’ll be starting some of this in mine soon, just gotta give it all a good clean first.

woosman
    Participant

Hi,
    Yeh that seems to be the

Hi,

Yeh that seems to be the general idea from what I have read up, did you do the roof/ceiling as well? And did you use contact spray on to the panels first?

I’ll be starting some of this in mine soon, just gotta give it all a good clean first.

spacehopper
    Participant

Made sure van surface clean
    Made sure van surface clean and completely dry. Applied banding. Ensure banding also moisture free and used spray adhesive for bubble wrap layers. I then found some soundproofing material from B and Q (discontinued – so you’ll need to research that ). Glued that on then taped one layer of bubblewrap before fitting ply with membrane affixed.

For roof, banding, 25mm celotec between boxed sections (as many strips of bubblewrap slid into boxed sections as possible), then fixed 4mm ply with single layer bubblewrap and membrane. Could put two layers of bubblewrap just as easy…but I can do this later if needs be.

I fitted panels on roof sideways, fixing each to a box section and used spare strips of ply to fix each panel to the next.

spacehopper
    Participant

Made sure van surface clean
    Made sure van surface clean and completely dry. Applied banding. Ensure banding also moisture free and used spray adhesive for bubble wrap layers. I then found some soundproofing material from B and Q (discontinued – so you’ll need to research that ). Glued that on then taped one layer of bubblewrap before fitting ply with membrane affixed.

For roof, banding, 25mm celotec between boxed sections (as many strips of bubblewrap slid into boxed sections as possible), then fixed 4mm ply with single layer bubblewrap and membrane. Could put two layers of bubblewrap just as easy…but I can do this later if needs be.

I fitted panels on roof sideways, fixing each to a box section and used spare strips of ply to fix each panel to the next.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.