Fiat Scudo radio problem

Home Forum topic Campervan Conversions Fiat Scudo radio problem

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Scudo1
    Participant

I am prevented from using the radio in my 2013 Fiat Scudo campervan because an Economy Mode cuts it off after 10 to 20 minutes when parked. Since I never listen to the radio when driving, but I like to listen to concerts on Radio3 in the evening, this means I cannot use the radio.

Local Fiat agents are unable to help. The agent from which I purchased the van hasn’t replied. I chap offers a solution on the Internet requiring a diode and a cross-connection but a caveat says no to vehicles later than 2008.
    Has anyone on this forum a solution? A local firm HAS offered to change the wiring (without a diode) but this is expensive and rather drastic. I have suggested to Fiat that the radio installation as it stands is not fit for purpose.

Aparrently all Fiat cars have an option on the radio menu to modify or turn off the Economy Mode, so why are Scudo owners left out? My radio is switchable to the leisure battery.

Darren

Hi
    Hi

Do you have a leisure battery in your vehicle?
    If so, I would change the power source of the radio from the engine battery to the leisure battery.
    The radio will think the engine is always on.
    I have done this with the radio in my campervan, so it can be used without draining the engine battery.

I would be surprised if a different radio unit was made just for vans. Surely it’s cost effective for Fiat/whoever to make and fit the same radio to cars and vans? Therefore I would think your unit would have the menu option?

Darren

Hi
    Hi

Do you have a leisure battery in your vehicle?
    If so, I would change the power source of the radio from the engine battery to the leisure battery.
    The radio will think the engine is always on.
    I have done this with the radio in my campervan, so it can be used without draining the engine battery.

I would be surprised if a different radio unit was made just for vans. Surely it’s cost effective for Fiat/whoever to make and fit the same radio to cars and vans? Therefore I would think your unit would have the menu option?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.