Electrics help

Home Forum topic Campervan Conversions Electrics help

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    RichardB
    Participant

Hi,
    I’ve just bought a Mercedes Sprinter that’s been converted into a race van, and I’m trying to understand all the electrics in it.

From what I can work out the electrics are as per the diagram below.

The batteries are hooked up to a “brown box marked powerpart MAC 3/12R” I’m not sure exactly what that box is yet, but the 12v feeds some interior lights, the water taps/shower and fridge.

The main power hookup is connected to a fuse box with 2 fuses which run the “powerpart MAC 3/12R” the 6 dual sockets and 5 halogen lights”

Can anyone help me in identifying the “powerpart MAC 3/12R” I don’t think its a split charger as I cant find any wires that would be coming from the main battery. So I’m assuming its a charger for when you hookup to mains power.

My second question is, would it be feasible to drop an inverter in from the batteries to the main power hookup, my concern is that this would make a loop circuit and the powerpart would think it has mains power and try recharging the battery, from which the inverter is drawing its power….so I don’t think that would work, but open to advice as this is the first time I’ve looked into anything like this.

Andy P
    Participant

Caravan Solutions Limited
    Hiya, Richard B,

I have been looking around the net and trying to find parts for a van conversion I am about to undertake, and I came across a site called Caravan Solutions Limited that listed 12V/240V transformer/charger units made by a company called Power Part. I know this sounds a little obvious, but perhaps if the van has a few years on it since it was converted this could be a discontinued product? Their site has contact details for help, so hopefully they could be of help to you. The placement of the unit in your drawing certainly looks like some of the products they sell….

Hope this is of some help,

Andy P.

Andy P
    Participant

Hiya, Richard B,

I have been looking around the net and trying to find parts for a van conversion I am about to undertake, and I came across a site called Caravan Solutions Limited that listed 12V/240V transformer/charger units made by a company called Power Part. I know this sounds a little obvious, but perhaps if the van has a few years on it since it was converted this could be a discontinued product? Their site has contact details for help, so hopefully they could be of help to you. The placement of the unit in your drawing certainly looks like some of the products they sell….

Andy P.

Andy P
    Participant

Hiya, Richard B,

Andy P.

Andy P
    Participant

Hiya, Richard B,

Andy P.

Andy P
    Participant

Hiya, Richard B,

Andy P.

Andy P
    Participant

Hiya, Richard B,

Andy P.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.