Electrics

Home Forum topic Campervan Conversions Electrics

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    bimble777
    Participant

I’ve just had my 230V wiring inspected and certified by a local electrician. Interestingly, the first thing he asked was, did I use household type cable (single strand copper), because if I did it was a problem as this type of cable is specifically forbidden. You must use multi-core. Luckily I had gone for 2.5mm flexible which is multi-core. In addition, I routed all the 230V cables through flexible ducting as I was worried about hidden sharp edges in the box sections that I fed the cable runs through. The stuff I used was:

http://edmundson-electrical.voltilink.co.uk/catalogue.jsp?catalogType=P&mode=prodlist&family_id=/005/004/AXU-nonmetsys/adxlok/conduit&brand=AXU&universe=

One thing that I failed to do correctly was to mark the earth bonding point from the consumer unit – I’d covered it with carpet before the Sparky arrived. I was able to easily peel the carpet back so that he could view the connection, but he also said that I should mark the earth point on the covering so that it could be found if necessary. Anyone any ideas about where to buy these round self-adhesive labels with the earth symbol on, please?

Ian

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
  1. Was there any specific reason
    Was there any specific reason why you had it inspected by an electrician?

KS