ebay buying advice

Home Forum topic Buying or selling a camper van ebay buying advice

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    stuartj
    Participant

Being completely green on the whole campervan issue if I could have advice on the potential purchase of 270546976402 on ebay. I plan to live in this for maybe 6 months following a marital split. The lack of shower/hot water is and issue but I intend to park roadside close to various friend for their showers! The seller states he is a mechanic. Anyway your advice and/or suitable questions I should ask would be really appreciated.

Many thanks

Stuart

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
  1. reply from seller
    the seller answers a few questions:

i had the van from from 1998 – 2005, where i sold due to family not interested in going anywhere. i then had the chance to buy this van back, in 2009 as my son promised me he would go camping & jetsking again. this did not happen , so i am selling this again.
    I fitted a new alternator, new batteries, new spring bushes, general service. Few small bits of welding to the bulkhead.
    the road tax for 6 months is £104.50
    yes, it does have powrer steering.
    the leisure batteries charge when the van is running, but do not charge when on hook up. normally carry in the van a small batter charger and when parked up, charge the batteries.
    Thanks for looking, any questions please ask

2. Hi Stuart
    This looks like a

Hi Stuart

This looks like a reasonable vehicle. These are normally very reliable.
    The conversion is not of the highest quality.
    If you want a shower and hot water I would suggest you keep looking.

Have you seen this vehicle yet? It’s vital that you do before bidding on eBay.

1. no not seen…trouble is it
      no not seen…trouble is it is the other end of the country. will I get one with a shower for less than 2500?

1. You might find another
        You might find another vehicle with a shower for that price. It depends on how quickly you want a vehicle.
        You could always add a shower room to this Merc after you have bought it.