DVLA

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    mattnlou66
    Participant

Hi, just to let anyone thats interested know, that we have now received our v5 logbook back from dvla, and was changed from a minibus to motor caravan, with no fuss or bother, although they did take their time!
    Following all the advice Darren had supplied on this site, photos were taken of the conversion, and all sent off to Swansea. After 3 weeks i rang them, and was told it could take 6 weeks in total. On the 6th week i spoke to them again, and was told they could change it over, no problem, and no inspection needed, and the v5 would arrive next week, which it did! Thanks for all the info on this site, it has proved to be really helpful.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
  1. dvla
    I thought i would have to go down the inspection route, but the spec on this site was really helpful. I sent in about 10 photos, of all the bits and pieces, and the completed van, and having chased them on the 6th week, my v5 arrived the following week with no problem at all. Best of luck with yours.

2. Changing logbook
    I didn’t realise that you could do it by post. Our local garage has a form which it will complete as an inspection – tick in the box type thing which lists cupboards fitted, kitchen fitted etc etc. This is then sent to DVLA. However, if the garage does it I’ll have to pay, so when I get to this stage with my conversion I’ll try the postal route.

3. Great news! Well
    Great news! Well done.
    Thanks for letting us know.