dog quandary

Home Forum topic Introduce Yourself dog quandary

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    fairy312
    Participant

Me again! I’m in a bit of a quandary as to whether or not to bring my dog with me when my daughter and I go to France and Italy for a month in June. I’ve booked a few dog friendly campsites and have my camping card to find others but what about when we want to go into Paris to see the attractions or the colosium etc in Italy. Can we leave him in a ventilated van on the campsite? Is this usual practice? I’ve heard dogs obviously agent going to be allowed in some of the museums etc? He has his passport and used to being in the van. I’d also feel more secure and happy having him there but would it be an added stress. This is our first trip and my daughter is 10. Anyone done this? Grateful for any advice or tips. He’s a Labrador cross so not tiny. Thanks everyone in advance

mgroadster
    Participant

It can get VERY warm in June
    It can get VERY warm in June in Italy and France, and any ventilation, ie window open is a security risk and a roof vent in my opinion not enough. The air would be warm too.
    To be honest, I’d rather pay for a months board in the UK than stress the dog out in the heat by leaving him shut in the van.

mgroadster
    Participant

It can get VERY warm in June in Italy and France, and any ventilation, ie window open is a security risk and a roof vent in my opinion not enough. The air would be warm too.
    To be honest, I’d rather pay for a months board in the UK than stress the dog out in the heat by leaving him shut in the van.

mgroadster
    Participant

fairy312
    Participant

yer, that’s what I’m starting
    Yer, that’s what I’m starting to think. Loads of websites say how easy it is to take your dog, but I’m not convinced. I want to take him with me when we go to places but its probably not going to work too well if we get somewhere and he’s not allowed in…mmm will have to rethink. Thank you x

fairy312
    Participant

Yer, that’s what I’m starting to think. Loads of websites say how easy it is to take your dog, but I’m not convinced. I want to take him with me when we go to places but its probably not going to work too well if we get somewhere and he’s not allowed in…mmm will have to rethink. Thank you x

fairy312
    Participant

Darren
    Keymaster

I spent a week in Paris in
    I spent a week in Paris in June 2011. We stayed on a campsite in the campervan. It was 30+ degrees celsius everyday. We left the roof vents open on the camper all day. When we returned from the city at night, normally after midnight, we would have to leave the van doors open for 10 minute to let the heat out. That is far too hot for a dog.

As mgroadster says, you can’t leave the windows open for security. You can’t take a dog to the city either.

Better to leave the dog at home.

Darren
    Keymaster

I spent a week in Paris in June 2011. We stayed on a campsite in the campervan. It was 30+ degrees celsius everyday. We left the roof vents open on the camper all day. When we returned from the city at night, normally after midnight, we would have to leave the van doors open for 10 minute to let the heat out. That is far too hot for a dog.

As mgroadster says, you can’t leave the windows open for security. You can’t take a dog to the city either.

Darren
    Keymaster

fairy312
    Participant

Its hard to imagine hot right
    Its hard to imagine hot right now. Its been cold so long. My concerns when he stays in the motorhome for a couple of hours at the moment is ‘is he too cold’ even with his blankets etc. I think you’re both right. I wouldn’t leave him in anything near that heat and as a natural worrier anyway I would spend all the time worrying. Thanks for helping me figure it out

fairy312
    Participant

Its hard to imagine hot right now. Its been cold so long. My concerns when he stays in the motorhome for a couple of hours at the moment is ‘is he too cold’ even with his blankets etc. I think you’re both right. I wouldn’t leave him in anything near that heat and as a natural worrier anyway I would spend all the time worrying. Thanks for helping me figure it out

fairy312
    Participant

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.