Does anyone know what this strange electrical thing is?

Home Forum topic Vehicle maintenance, suggestions and ideas Does anyone know what this strange electrical thing is?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    theboynoodle
    Participant

Hi Forum

I’ve just bought my first camper van. It’s a 1987 Hiace, newly christened Bernie (female). We had our first trip at the weekend and I’m getting to know what’s what. I think I need to do a bunch of work with the electrics and hopefully this place will be full of good tips!

One thing that is puzzling me is this odd thing I found. It looks like a colostomy bag, but it’s connected to some electrical wires. It’s located close to the sink. I have absolutely no idea what it is or what it does.

Can anyone help me out? There’s no writing on it to give me any clues.

Thanks!

Darren

Hi
    Hi

That’s strange. Does it only hold a small amount of fluid?
    It looks like the wires are connected to a small water pump.
    Is there a water pipe going anywhere?

Darren

Hi
    Hi

That’s strange. Does it only hold a small amount of fluid?
    It looks like the wires are connected to a small water pump.
    Is there a water pipe going anywhere?

theboynoodle (nli)

There’s a bit of fluid in it.
    There’s a bit of fluid in it.. it looks like very old and dirty water but, due to the electrical connections, I’ve not investigated further.

I couldn’t find a pipe. The van has a manual water pump (unused – possibly for a long time), so due to this seemingly having wires attached I didn’t think it was related.. unless it’s just an earth connection.

It’s probably something totally mundane like an alien birthing chamber.

theboynoodle (nli)

There’s a bit of fluid in it.
    There’s a bit of fluid in it.. it looks like very old and dirty water but, due to the electrical connections, I’ve not investigated further.

I couldn’t find a pipe. The van has a manual water pump (unused – possibly for a long time), so due to this seemingly having wires attached I didn’t think it was related.. unless it’s just an earth connection.

It’s probably something totally mundane like an alien birthing chamber.

Viz

whats this
    Its a windscreen washer bottle probably for the rear window if its in the back of the van, should be wiper arm on rear window.

Viz

whats this
    Its a windscreen washer bottle probably for the rear window if its in the back of the van, should be wiper arm on rear window.

theboynoodle (nli)

Thanks! That makes complete
    Thanks! That makes complete sense.

theboynoodle (nli)

Thanks! That makes complete
    Thanks! That makes complete sense.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.