Custom paneling/cabinetry for Ford Transit Connect

Home Forum topic Campervan Conversions Custom paneling/cabinetry for Ford Transit Connect

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    onelittledid
    Participant

Hi all!

These are pictures of a conversion that was posted on a community site (http://www.furgovw.org/index.php?topic=174565.0) back in 2009. I think it was done in Germany. I’ve read that I can make a pattern for side panels/cabinets like this from scratch with cardboard templates and such, but this looks so polished and fit – does anyone know if it (or the pattern for it) can be bought?

I’ve tried looking up terms like “van liners, ply liners” and any other search term I can think of – with no luck.

This is precisely what I want to have in my 2015 Transit Connect. Any help/advice?
    Thanks!
    Jennifer

2LostInTransit
    Participant

One Off Setup
    Evening OneLittle..

The images above are what’s known as a one off setup or a custom build cabinet van. and if you or I had the talent to do something like this ourselves.. we’d probably be rich by now. It is a shame that the builder/designer of this type of cabinetry didn’t think ahead as to offer a template for those of us who would like to create something like this for our vans, It’s best left to a cabinet marker in your area or just a person who is real handy with wood working.

Though I personally don’t agree with the use of wood and not because I’m a tree hugger, but because this adds weight to the van.. we need to think outside the box when using or creating cabinet of storage options for our vans. Search for lighter materials when creating your cabinetry or storage options and find that cabinet marker and see what you both can create as a rolling showcase.

2LostInTransit
    Participant

One Off Setup
    Evening OneLittle..

The images above are what’s known as a one off setup or a custom build cabinet van. and if you or I had the talent to do something like this ourselves.. we’d probably be rich by now. It is a shame that the builder/designer of this type of cabinetry didn’t think ahead as to offer a template for those of us who would like to create something like this for our vans, It’s best left to a cabinet marker in your area or just a person who is real handy with wood working.

Though I personally don’t agree with the use of wood and not because I’m a tree hugger, but because this adds weight to the van.. we need to think outside the box when using or creating cabinet of storage options for our vans. Search for lighter materials when creating your cabinetry or storage options and find that cabinet marker and see what you both can create as a rolling showcase.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.