Curtains

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    2and4wheels
    Participant

Hi
    Our van is just about finished and fit for the road, whoo hoo! But I’ve been wondering what to do about curtains!? Should they have the design on the inside, outside or both? How much is a reasonable amount to pay for a full set and has anyone any suggestions as to where is best to buy them? If I buy off ebay how will I know they are going to fit, there seem to be a lot of different sized windows out there….? Hope that’s not too many questions, would love some guidance, thanks

Darren

I always have the pattern on
    I always have the pattern on the inside, with a dark pattern on the outside (dark brown or black).
    Always measure the space and buy the curtains accordingly.
    Traditionally In a home the rule is to buy curtains twice the width of the window to allow for bunching. However I don’t recommend this in a campervan as you’ll lots of excess material. I make the curtains to fit the window with just a bit extra.
    A local seamstress should be able to help. Might be worth thinking about your budget.
    How much could you do it for by buying on eBay? Then compare that to a professional hand made product.

Darren

I always have the pattern on
    I always have the pattern on the inside, with a dark pattern on the outside (dark brown or black).
    Always measure the space and buy the curtains accordingly.
    Traditionally In a home the rule is to buy curtains twice the width of the window to allow for bunching. However I don’t recommend this in a campervan as you’ll lots of excess material. I make the curtains to fit the window with just a bit extra.
    A local seamstress should be able to help. Might be worth thinking about your budget.
    How much could you do it for by buying on eBay? Then compare that to a professional hand made product.

mgroadster
    Participant

We have the pattern inside.
    We have the pattern inside. We bought the curtains from a car boot sale (always loads for sale at these places)and my wife altered them. Nice thick deep red velvet and they cost us a fiver.

mgroadster
    Participant

We have the pattern inside.
    We have the pattern inside. We bought the curtains from a car boot sale (always loads for sale at these places)and my wife altered them. Nice thick deep red velvet and they cost us a fiver.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.