Converting a Thetford C200 inbuilt tank to van fed tank

Home Forum topic Campervan Conversions Converting a Thetford C200 inbuilt tank to van fed tank

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    sneaky.peaky
    Participant

Hi There. This is my second van conversion and I have bought a Thetford C200 CS toilet that has electric flush and an inbuilt water tank. Because of the design of my van there is nowhere for me to install the tank so I need to convert it so that it flushes from the van’s water tank. I thought I had it sussed but I don’t think the pump that comes with the toilet is strong enough to pull any length of water or if I put it directly on my Sureflo pump it just pumps continuously. does anyone have any ideas???

Darren

I’ve replaced a pump in a
    I’ve replaced a pump in a Thetford toilet. It’s just a basic 12v pump.
    You should be able to replace the pump with a different model.
    Have you tried using the built-in pump to draw from the thank?
    I normally only flush for a second anyway (to save water filling the tank).

Darren

I’ve replaced a pump in a
    I’ve replaced a pump in a Thetford toilet. It’s just a basic 12v pump.
    You should be able to replace the pump with a different model.
    Have you tried using the built-in pump to draw from the thank?
    I normally only flush for a second anyway (to save water filling the tank).

sneaky.peaky
    Participant

Hi Darren. Thanks for the
    Hi Darren. Thanks for the reply. I’ve tried running a feed from the tank to the pump that came with the toilet and it wont draw the water. I’m wondering if it’s not powerful enough to draw it. If i put a small draw length on the pump and drop it in a bucket of water then it works fine. Do you think it would work if i move the pump closer to the tank and then it will have to push the water instead of pull it??

sneaky.peaky
    Participant

Hi Darren. Thanks for the
    Hi Darren. Thanks for the reply. I’ve tried running a feed from the tank to the pump that came with the toilet and it wont draw the water. I’m wondering if it’s not powerful enough to draw it. If i put a small draw length on the pump and drop it in a bucket of water then it works fine. Do you think it would work if i move the pump closer to the tank and then it will have to push the water instead of pull it??

Darren

I think you’ll have the same
    I think you’ll have the same problem.
    Any 12v pump with the correct connectors will do. I bet you could find a good one on eBay.

Darren

I think you’ll have the same
    I think you’ll have the same problem.
    Any 12v pump with the correct connectors will do. I bet you could find a good one on eBay.

Darren

Or use 2 pumps. Add one
    Or use 2 pumps. Add one further down the pipe, keeping the current one in place.

Darren

Or use 2 pumps. Add one
    Or use 2 pumps. Add one further down the pipe, keeping the current one in place.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.