conversion of a merc sprinter – layout and electrics

Home Forum topic Campervan Conversions conversion of a merc sprinter – layout and electrics

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    lineybrighton
    Participant

Hi
    We are a family of 4 (2 kids under 7) who are converting a mercedes sprinter cdi 311 mwb to a camper. We really need some tips on:

1)useful layouts – where to sleep the kids?

2)electrics – can anyone recommend a good efficient electrical system to power lights, fridge
    We think we may need a zig unit? How do you charge a leisure battery – with an alternator splitter or is there a good 240 alternative?
    Any tips much appreciated! Thanks

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
  1. I used Celotex insulation
    I used Celotex insulation board on mine.
    25mm on the ceiling, 50mm in the walls.
    You can get from building suppliers, and larger quantities cheaply on eBay.

2. sprinter conversion
    im also starting a sprinter conversion soon. just wondering what insulation did you’s use in the walls and roof?
    any help would be great, thanks
    chris

3. Converting the Merc’
    I’m also in process of converting a Sprinter, albeit a slightly older one, a 308D MWB.
    I have a multitude of web-gleaned data sheets regarding the newer Sprinter range that I found very usefull in the design stage.
    I also found that the best source of a wiring loom and charging circuit is from a caravan, they tend to have a complete, all-purpose, unit that’s both compact and easy to rewire for your own needs. However, as an electrician myself, I do have to add the obvious caveat of have anymains wiring and gas conections checked by a registered tradesperson before using anything!
    If you’d like copies of the data I can email them to you, I think they’ll give you a fair idea of which direction to go.
    Email me at [email protected] and I’ll get them off to you.
    All the best, and have fun.
    Steve.