Campsites for under £10.00

Home Forum topic Camping Campsites for under £10.00

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    randltrafic
    Participant

Dickydo and I have a self contained camper (including shower??!!) We do not have electric hook up and do not see why we should pay over the odds to camp. So does anyone else know of basic campsite for under £10.00

I will start the ball rolling.

Lyndon Top
    Lyndon Top Farm
    Rutland Water
    Rutland (Browse area)
    LE15 8RN

Basic: Has fresh water, Effluent Disposal points, locked gate.
    £6.00 per night

I have stayed here. You are on a flat hill overlooking Rutland Waters. Pub nearby.
    Great to get away. They do have rallies but individual campers are in a separate field.

http://cholseyfarm.co.uk/
    Haven’t stayed here yet. It is near High Wycombe, the other side of the M40.
    Price £8.00.
    Has Fresh Water (on the site)
    Effluent Disposal (in the farmyard)
    Battery Charging
    Rubbish Bins
    Security Gate

Will let you know how it goes.

Any more that we can try because I refuse to pay £20 when I don’t want all the facilities.

Roslyn

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
  1. I haven’t been yet but this
    I haven’t been yet but this one is only £7 in low season (April, Sept, Oct).
    http://www.treveaguefarm.co.uk

We’re doing a week in Sept in Cornwall and found this in the Cool Caravanning book.

2. Chosley Farm Update
    Had a great time here. The position is not flat, but as we are a small thing, it did not matter. Bird watchers beware – you will not want to move from your camper. We had Red Kites within 10 feet of the camper and about 8 feet off the ground. The site overlooks the woods and we saw deer, munkjack and hares. Loads of places to walk or just sit back and watch the birds.

Water for drinking nearby and disposal a bit further away. If you expect all the facilities on your doorstep – sorry – this is not for you. It is a working farm. You will have to walk for 3 minutes to empty things out. However, the dog will gladly play ball with you as you walk along.

Definitely going back to finish off some walks.

Word of warning – come off the M40 – don’t try the back roads – they are mighty big hills for a little camper.

Ros