Campervan virgin, checking in

Home Forum topic Introduce Yourself Campervan virgin, checking in

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    malross
    Participant

Hi all,

My name’s Mal and I’m really just here to get a bit of advice about touring Europe with a campervan. Yeah, I know, it’s all take, take, take. Anyway, I’m getting married this year and my future-wife and I quite fancy a honeymoon pootling around the continent in a campervan.

Thing is, neither of us *owns* a campervan and we’re both totally new to the experience. Any tips would be most welcome, but I’ll probably just get posting questions in the other forums in a moment anyway.

See you around,

Mal.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
  1. pooting around on honeymoon.
    Hi i’m completely new too and your post was the first i read. We did exactly what you are intending to do, we actually asked for contributions to the van fund as wedding presents and our van was the wedding car too, savings all round.

We toured Ireland so i can’t help you with ideas but can offer some general advice. It will take at least 3 days to get into it, during these three days you might wonder if you’ve married the right person, but after the pace of life has changed you’ll be grand. My other big learning experience was not to move on to quickly or it will stop being a holiday and turn into one big drive which will significantly increase the potential for getting on each others wick. Find somewhere gorgeous to park up, drink the left over champagne and have a great time.

Rach