campervan rallies

Home Forum topic General Chit Chat campervan rallies

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 373 total)
  • Author
    john phillips
    Participant

Trying to get a few people together so we can start campervan rallies, I think it would be a great time for us to be able to discuss our builds, help with ideas and for us to form a network so we can keep this great hobby going, what do you think guys and dolls? john

mgroadster
    Participant

To be honest, I can see your
    To be honest, I can see your idea, but I have a fear that it would turn into a “Caravan club rally” type thing where everybody gathers in a circle and bores the shit out of each other about their latest gadget whilst judging each other and their vehicles whilst sitting in their B&Q plastic chairs.
    HOWEVER, although WE personally want to get out in the wilds away from the mainstream caravanners..campers etc, it doesn’t mean that it wouldn’t work with like minded socialite folk like yourself. Obviously if we arrived somewhere for some outdoor pursuits and there were others there wild camping, we would certainly chat.(Had a fantastic drinks/chat evening in the middle of the alps with a dutch couple few years ago) but organised camps would not be for us. Good luck.

mgroadster
    Participant

To be honest, I can see your idea, but I have a fear that it would turn into a “Caravan club rally” type thing where everybody gathers in a circle and bores the shit out of each other about their latest gadget whilst judging each other and their vehicles whilst sitting in their B&Q plastic chairs.
    HOWEVER, although WE personally want to get out in the wilds away from the mainstream caravanners..campers etc, it doesn’t mean that it wouldn’t work with like minded socialite folk like yourself. Obviously if we arrived somewhere for some outdoor pursuits and there were others there wild camping, we would certainly chat.(Had a fantastic drinks/chat evening in the middle of the alps with a dutch couple few years ago) but organised camps would not be for us. Good luck.

mgroadster
    Participant

mgroadster
    Participant

mgroadster
    Participant

mgroadster
    Participant

mgroadster
    Participant

mgroadster
    Participant

mgroadster
    Participant

mgroadster
    Participant

mgroadster
    Participant

mgroadster
    Participant

Major Gruber
    Participant

Rallies
    I love this idea, and I believe something like it might already exist. You tend to find non-mainstream campervans at festivals and the like, and some VW shows have a “poverty corner” where they let non VW types park. THAT’S where I want to be, in amongst the underdogs, and yet close enough to the VW bunch to pinch a few ideas…

Major Gruber
    Participant

Rallies
    I love this idea, and I believe something like it might already exist. You tend to find non-mainstream campervans at festivals and the like, and some VW shows have a “poverty corner” where they let non VW types park. THAT’S where I want to be, in amongst the underdogs, and yet close enough to the VW bunch to pinch a few ideas…

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 373 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.