Camper layout critique

Home Forum topic Campervan Conversions Camper layout critique

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    shinobidef
    Participant

Hi all,

My partner and I have finally narrowed out layout choices down to two for a conversion of a Mercedes Sprinter 311 CDI LWB. This is for full-time living (mainly stealth) so we’ll have solar panels on the roof but probably no windows – we’re going to go for a big Seitz one if possible.

I’ve attached both layouts – some notes as follows:
    The 3D renderings are more to give an idea, as opposed to being to scale, as I don’t have any experience in using 3D shapes and can’t use SketchUp. The bird’s eye view drawings are to scale, but we can expect to lose a bit of space after the insulation (Ecoquit) has been added, particularly if we need to use some kind of vapour barrier behind cabinets.

Layout 1

Bed is a bit like this https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/564x/8a/3a/f3/8a3af38619447f00d456dbf98df55fcc.jpg and extends out to form the dashed line part of the bed. As my partner is 6ft but I’m only 5ft 2”, the idea is that I wouldn’t need as much length so the bed would only pull out from the dark pink section.

Layout 2

The white section will be a hard flat wooden seat with 3 sections with openable hinged lids. This will just have the duvet folded on top of it, or scatter cushions. The bed looks like this with the table pushed down http://cdn.instructables.com/FH8/S0TJ/I31C5IQL/FH8S0TJI31C5IQL.SMALL.jpg

The permanent seat would need to have some kind of 2 part foam that could slide down and cover the bed area.

Sleeping widthways isn’t really an option as my partner doesn’t want to be banging his feet on the end of the bed against the walls!

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Louise

shinobidef
    Participant

No need to reply to this now
    No need to reply to this now – we’re buying a Luton instead in a complete change of direction!

shinobidef
    Participant

No need to reply to this now
    No need to reply to this now – we’re buying a Luton instead in a complete change of direction!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.