Camper for the summer

Home Forum topic Camping Camper for the summer

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    peter_davis100
    Participant

Hi guy’s new to the forum been looking at summer holidays for the kids this year and looking for some advise I have found a 1978 4-berth Devon Moonraker • £19,999

The site http://www.vwdownunder.co.uk that are selling looks very respectable has anyone had any experience with them and it looks good value for a summer holiday open to suggestions as I have a wife to keep happy, would it be suitable for 2 adults and 2 children, gonna book a site with swimming pool so should be a great adventure..Is this about the right price for a camper like this can’t find many on auto trader etc and some on gumtree don’t look safe.

the van I was looking at is http://www.vwdownunder.co.uk/1978-devon-moonraker.htm

Let us know what you think

mgroadster
    Participant

Hi, I don’t know, I must be
    Hi, I don’t know, I must be one of the only people who just doesn’t “get them”. They’re small, cramped, sluggish, unreliable but seem to have a massive following.(my own Brother has one) I’d much rather buy a good base van and convert for comfort and be able to travel at a decent speed with some comfort and reasonable MPG instead of tooling up the slow lane in a bay window with my fingers crossed. 20 grand inc purchase would buy you a lovely base vehicle and all the bits you need for a fantastic holiday van.

mgroadster
    Participant

Hi, I don’t know, I must be one of the only people who just doesn’t “get them”. They’re small, cramped, sluggish, unreliable but seem to have a massive following.(my own Brother has one) I’d much rather buy a good base van and convert for comfort and be able to travel at a decent speed with some comfort and reasonable MPG instead of tooling up the slow lane in a bay window with my fingers crossed. 20 grand inc purchase would buy you a lovely base vehicle and all the bits you need for a fantastic holiday van.

mgroadster
    Participant

mgroadster
    Participant

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.