Cabinet Material

Home Forum topic Campervan Conversions Cabinet Material

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Darren
    Keymaster

Hi everyone, I’m wondering – what kind of material are you folks using to make your cabinets and doors out of? I really like the look of them, not to mention they seem sturdy and have nicely rounded corners. Are they formica or some other kind of laminate and where do you get it? Thanks!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
  1. lightweight ply
    I used 3 sheets for the kitchen units and fold-out bed. Material cost was 150 quid plus 20 for cutting (rough sizes prior to routing).

1. FURNITURE
      try magnum motor homes, they have a website under the same name and sel a wide variety of boards and trim

2. lightweight plywood
    Hi ldvian how meny 8×4 sheets did you need aprox that is

3. lightweight plywood
    To keep weight down the professional builders use a lightweight plywood (see photos section – LDV conversion). I bought some from Yorkshire Conversions for 50 quid per 8ft x 4ft sheet. You’d be surprised how light the finished units are.

4. The nice looking cabinets are
    The nice looking cabinets are made from furniture board, which you can easily get at DIY stores.

Some people use ply wood, which is lighter and generally cheaper, but not as nice a finish.

1. Cabinets
      Thanks Darren,

I will look into the plywood – do you know what the material is that looks more like plastic? There is one that is gray and seems to be very rounded, almost like it has a rubber border material.

David