cab shelf extension

Home Forum topic Campervan Conversions cab shelf extension

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    nikki85
    Participant

hi everyone
    me and my boyfriend are in the process of converting a transit connect LWB high top and are looking to create some additional storage by extending the cab shelf. we were initially think of purchasing a parcel shelf from a scrap yard and trying that as we want something light weight given that it is above our heads. However i am interested in hearing everyone elses ideas.
    i look forward to hearing back from you all, nikki

Darren

Do you mean the area above
    Do you mean the area above your heads?
    I created a massive shelf in my Sprinter by using L shaped alloy to make a frame (1 piece at the front and 1 at the back) and then using 9mm ply boards to make the shelf.
    I found a lip running around the top of the cab that I can could screw into.

Darren

Do you mean the area above
    Do you mean the area above your heads?
    I created a massive shelf in my Sprinter by using L shaped alloy to make a frame (1 piece at the front and 1 at the back) and then using 9mm ply boards to make the shelf.
    I found a lip running around the top of the cab that I can could screw into.

Rig88
    Participant

I think ply is definitely the
    I think ply is definitely the way to go. As well as the back and front supports you could add more for peace of mind.

Rig88
    Participant

I think ply is definitely the
    I think ply is definitely the way to go. As well as the back and front supports you could add more for peace of mind.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.