Anyone know anything about FIAT motorhomes?

Home Forum topic Buying or selling a camper van Anyone know anything about FIAT motorhomes?

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    louharrison
    Participant

I am looking at buying my first camper. I’m after a small motorhome 3/4 berth and have seen two that I like, both of them Fiat. I’ve been told by someone who knows about cars to steer clear of Fiats because they are mechanically poor. I have to say I don’t agree with this otherwise why would there be so many Fiats around, or am I being naive??
    Does anyone have any experience of Fiats? The ones I am looking at are about 5 years old. All help appreciated – thanks!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
  1. I think we’ll always find
    I think we’ll always find mixed reports.
    Here are 2 sites I like. The reports are mixed also
    http://www.carsurvey.org/reviews/fiat/ducato/

2. Thanks for that Darren.
    I’ve

Thanks for that Darren.
    I’ve read a few negative comments about the Fiat Ducato chassis from 2005 but I guess I will have to judge each one on it’s merits and get it checked over properly. Thanks again for your help!

3. To be honest most Fiat cars
    To be honest most Fiat cars are badly made. This is because they are small, and small cars are cheap.
    Fiat motorhomes use the Fiat chassis used on vans and pickups, and it’s good. Not as good as say a Mercedes or VW but still good.
    They is no reason to not buy one.
    A 5 year old example should be very good.
    Keep in mind that Fiat make the chassis, another company make the motorhome that sits on top of it.
    Fiat are popular because they are good and cheap chassis.

1. fiat motorhomes
      We have a fiat ducato 1996, we have had it for about 7 years and have never had a problem with it. It as passed its MOT every year without us having to fork out a penny.