Advice regarding a caravan 3 way fridge instalation

Home Forum topic Campervan Conversions Advice regarding a caravan 3 way fridge instalation

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Ritchie
    Participant

Hi
    I have a 3 way caravan fridge which i am wanting to install into my camper van conversion. My question is: If i am just going to run the fridge from electric and 12v would i still need a vent fitted in the van side ? or does the vent just apply if i’m using gas on the fridge?

Darren

Hi Ritchie
    Hi Ritchie

On a 3-way fridge the lower vent lets cold air in, it passes up over the back of the fridge, cooling the fridge, and the exists at the top of the fridge as warmer air. Which needs to go to the outside, or the fridge wont have any cool air to work with.

Also on the top vent (sometimes separately) is the gas exhaust port. It’s essential the burnt gas goes to the outside of the vehicle.

You don’t need the gas exhaust port if you will only run on electricity, but ideally you would have both of the vents, as the fridge will still be getting very warm.
    Your fridge will work, but not very well without the vents. You might be able to get away with just the top one, but worth fitting both whilst you’re at it.

Ritchie
    Participant

Thanks Darren for clearing
    Thanks Darren for clearing this up for me your a star 🙂

miller4041
    Participant

me too
    hi was looking at the dometic rf60 fridge, it is listed as not for use in a closed van ect on gas is that as it has no flue kit so if one was fitted must be ok as any normal 3 way fridge ?

miller4041
    Participant

me too
    forget last listing as now bought a different modal

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.