Advice Needed Please

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    dmac
    Participant

Hi.I have a `98 T4 800 Special FSH 97k 1.9TD part converted hi top.I only really use it for getting me to work and visiting my mother in her care home which is an over 300 mile round trip.I am wondering is it time to downsize.The van has some “bubble” rust and still requires furniture etc but is so reliable.Due to occasional health issues the privacy of having a van is unquestionable(porta loo!)but £225 road tax etc is really making me think.If I keep her I would like to have a flat roof put back on to make the van stealth but I dont know if this is even possible let alone the cost.I am thinking of a Berlingo,Kangoo or Doblo as a replacement and just taking the rear seats out but could only stretch to 3k.Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

mgroadster
    Participant

If it’s just for you, then
    If it’s just for you, then maybe you can downsize. However I wouldn’t fancy using a portaloo in a berlingo type van.
    You’ll cert get a small van for 3k. You may save a bit on diesel and road tax, but not drastically. What you will lose, is the space and possible comfort your current vehicle gives you.
    If I was going small, I’d just get a 1000cc Yaris and put the front seat back to kip on in a sleeping bag.
    Out of the two choices, I’d stick with the devil you know..

mgroadster
    Participant

If it’s just for you, then maybe you can downsize. However I wouldn’t fancy using a portaloo in a berlingo type van.
    You’ll cert get a small van for 3k. You may save a bit on diesel and road tax, but not drastically. What you will lose, is the space and possible comfort your current vehicle gives you.
    If I was going small, I’d just get a 1000cc Yaris and put the front seat back to kip on in a sleeping bag.

mgroadster
    Participant

mgroadster
    Participant

mgroadster
    Participant

mgroadster
    Participant

mgroadster
    Participant

mgroadster
    Participant

mgroadster
    Participant

dmac
    Participant

Advice Please
    Many thanks.A lot to think about.Still wonder the cost,if possible of having the Hi Top roof removed.

dmac
    Participant

Advice Please
    Many thanks.A lot to think about.Still wonder the cost,if possible of having the Hi Top roof removed.

dmac
    Participant

Advice Please

dmac
    Participant

Advice Please

dmac
    Participant

Advice Please

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.