1st Campervan trip : What heating and wattage ?

Home Forum topic Vehicle maintenance, suggestions and ideas 1st Campervan trip : What heating and wattage ?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    alexk3333
    Participant

Hi Everyone im taking the kids on our 1st campervan trip in the half term and need some advice on Heating.
    I have a t25 transporter and will me using the onsite electric.
    I want to know what type of heater would be best suited to keep us warm at night and which is safest ?
    I was thinking of getting an oil heater but if i do how many Kw would you recomMend ? and can i keep it on all night ?

Darren
    Keymaster

In the June half term?
    In my

In the June half term?
    In my experience you don’t need a very big heater for a campervan, and you don’t need it on for long. It’s a small area to warm up.
    I’d recommend a small fan heater, as it will push the air around the vehicle. A small oil filled radiator would work as well.
    In the summer you wont need the heater on overnight, just have good bedding. You’ll probably only need the heater on in the evening and on cold mornings.

Get a small heater to make sure it works with the campsites electrics. Anything too big and it might trip the electric circuit.

Darren
    Keymaster

In the June half term?
    In my

In the June half term?
    In my experience you don’t need a very big heater for a campervan, and you don’t need it on for long. It’s a small area to warm up.
    I’d recommend a small fan heater, as it will push the air around the vehicle. A small oil filled radiator would work as well.
    In the summer you wont need the heater on overnight, just have good bedding. You’ll probably only need the heater on in the evening and on cold mornings.

Get a small heater to make sure it works with the campsites electrics. Anything too big and it might trip the electric circuit.

Darren
    Keymaster

In the June half term?
    In my

In the June half term?

Darren
    Keymaster

In the June half term?
    In my

In the June half term?

mgroadster
    Participant

I work in an electrical
    I work in an electrical wholesalers and I’ve got a “frostwatcher” It’s only 400w compared to an oil heater at 2kw which may blow the camp system and make you quite unpopular with fellow campers.
    Failing that you can get a 700w oil heater.

mgroadster
    Participant

I work in an electrical
    I work in an electrical wholesalers and I’ve got a “frostwatcher” It’s only 400w compared to an oil heater at 2kw which may blow the camp system and make you quite unpopular with fellow campers.

mgroadster
    Participant

I work in an electrical

mgroadster
    Participant

I work in an electrical

alexk3333
    Participant

Thanks
    Thanks for the info Darren and Roadster, i really appreciate it.
    Ive just bought some gelert sleeping pods to keep us warm so i think i may well go for fan heater as they have quick warm up and blow the air around.
    Roadster can you give me a link to your wholesalers , thanks.

alexk3333
    Participant

Thanks
    Ive just bought some gelert sleeping pods to keep us warm so i think i may well go for fan heater as they have quick warm up and blow the air around.

alexk3333
    Participant

Thanks

alexk3333
    Participant

Thanks

kitesurfer
    Participant

You are having a laugh yes?
    You are having a laugh yes? Temperatures of near 30 degrees during the day and 15 at night and your worried about heating in a small van with at least 4 people in it. If i was you i’d be getting a fan to cool things down.

KS

kitesurfer
    Participant

You are having a laugh yes?
    You are having a laugh yes? Temperatures of near 30 degrees during the day and 15 at night and your worried about heating in a small van with at least 4 people in it. If i was you i’d be getting a fan to cool things down.

KS

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.