1983 Volkswagen Transporter – €2,950 or best offer

Home Forum topic Camper Vans For Sale 1983 Volkswagen Transporter – €2,950 or best offer

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    chacault
    Participant

My girlfriend and I bought this van from BW Campers in Amsterdam for our travels through Western Europe (we are from Canada). Summer is coming to an end and we will be heading to Egypt (don’t need a van for that), or taking the train to Eastern Europe.

Here is some information about the van…
    – Watercooled engine
    – Runs on petrol (NOT diesel)
    – 195,000 km
    – Runs well
    – Interior is in good shape and quite comfortable
    – Come with window privacy covers
    – The vehicle serial number is WV2 ZZZ 25Z EH 19809
    – Recently tuned up and had two new tires installed
    – Thermostat needs to be replaced
    – There is a small leak at the front of the canopy (only when it’s open and it’s raining hard). However a new canopy from justkampers.com is only a couple hundred euro.
    – The antenna need to be replaced, and the right front marker light is broken (I have a new antenna that just needs to be installed by you)
    – Body is in decent shape, although the seatbelt supports should be reinforced (the body is rusted in these areas, it’s a common problem for this model of van). I can get this done before you buy the van… or you can do this yourself. We have one brand new seatbelt to replace the current passenger belt once the body is reinforced.

There are also some practical extras that make the vehicle completely ready to travel with:
    – TomTom GPS Navigation System (this saves time and relationships)
    – Sleeping bags
    – Sheets
    – Pillows
    – Full set of cookware & cutlery (pots/pans/plates/cups etc)
    – PDF copy of the manufacturers repair manual (for the handyman)

Right now I am studying french in Paris until the end of August (the van is with me), so if you’re interested then know that I hope you’re REALLY interested because I would have to drive to Amsterdam on a weekend to get the van to you.

I’m advertising in Amsterdam because the vehicle is registered in NL under BW Campers. I bought it, but as a NON Dutch citizen I cannot register a vehicle. I also advertised in Amsterdam because as Dutch person (you) can buy the van properly and have all three registration parts in your name.

We’ve taken the best care of the van and hope you enjoy it.

We have a travel blog and have written about the van a couple times. Feel free to check it out. It’s pretty honest. The van is not perfect (it’s 26 years old), yet it’s been great. The 2 entries are:
    http://www.thesmacaults.com/?p=59
    http://www.thesmacaults.com/?p=69

Oh, and don’t worry, I am would not ask for money before we meet in person.

Here are some short youtube videos of the van…
    Interior Front (daytime)

Interior Front (nighttime)

Interior Rear
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=02xZuK7qpLg

I’ve been as honest as possible and am open to any questions you might have.

Thanks,

Cam

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.