Windows before lining

Home Forum topic Campervan Conversions Windows before lining

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    barnby
    Participant

Hi folks

Just bought a citroen relay and planning a conversion. I’m thinking of putting sietz windows and vents in, would i put those in first and then insulate and plyline. Or board out and then put windows in. Also if i was to buy a furniture kit is it possible to fit that and then take it somewhere to fit the shower, gas etc or am i doing this all the wrong way round.

Many thanks for your help

steve

2LostInTransit
    Participant

Steve, check out this thread:
    Steve, check out this thread: https://www.campervanlife.com/forum/insulation-and-lining-or-after-windows

2LostInTransit
    Participant

Steve, check out this thread:
    Steve, check out this thread: https://www.campervanlife.com/forum/insulation-and-lining-or-after-windows

Darren

Hi Steve
    Hi Steve

Definitely fit the windows and roof vents first. You’ll have plenty of room and access. Then you can fit the lining neatly to it.
    Always start on the outside and work your way in.

Darren

Hi Steve
    Hi Steve

Definitely fit the windows and roof vents first. You’ll have plenty of room and access. Then you can fit the lining neatly to it.
    Always start on the outside and work your way in.

barnby
    Participant

Wow, that was quick many
    Wow, that was quick many thanks. If I get the windows in professionally (scared of cutting my van open!!) and then line I’m thinking of getting a furniture kit as it matches what we wish to put in.
    Is it best to lay all the wiring or again could I fit the kit and get somebody else to then fit toilets, shower, heating etc.

Many thanks

Steve

barnby
    Participant

Wow, that was quick many
    Wow, that was quick many thanks. If I get the windows in professionally (scared of cutting my van open!!) and then line I’m thinking of getting a furniture kit as it matches what we wish to put in.
    Is it best to lay all the wiring or again could I fit the kit and get somebody else to then fit toilets, shower, heating etc.

Many thanks

Steve

Darren

I have always found it easier
    I have always found it easier to add the wiring once the furniture is in. Plans change and it is good to be able to add more cables as necessary. Sometimes I bury trunking in certain areas to allow cables to be added, and form them all to be tucked away.
    I would talk to a fitter before assuming people will add a furniture kit for you. Not everyone would be willing to do this, but I am sure you will find someone to do it.

Darren

I have always found it easier
    I have always found it easier to add the wiring once the furniture is in. Plans change and it is good to be able to add more cables as necessary. Sometimes I bury trunking in certain areas to allow cables to be added, and form them all to be tucked away.
    I would talk to a fitter before assuming people will add a furniture kit for you. Not everyone would be willing to do this, but I am sure you will find someone to do it.

barnby
    Participant

Hi darren,
    Hi darren,

Thanks again, I was thinking I’d fit the furniture and then try and get somebody to connect water, gas , electricity etc. That way it might be a bit basic but if I run out of time before the summer I could still use the van

Cheers

Steve

barnby
    Participant

Hi darren,
    Hi darren,

Thanks again, I was thinking I’d fit the furniture and then try and get somebody to connect water, gas , electricity etc. That way it might be a bit basic but if I run out of time before the summer I could still use the van

Cheers

Steve

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.