Which camper is for me? Newbie requesting help :) Thanks!

Home Forum topic Introduce Yourself Which camper is for me? Newbie requesting help :) Thanks!

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    Richard
    Participant

which
    Budget is a good question. Broadly speaking if you research the web you will find your answers, this takes hours and hours but will really fill you up with info. I bought my 1st in june, a 1993 T4 “California”. Get a diesel with turbo as the injection alone is too weak, though it does the job if you drive thoughtfully. Don’t even think about petrol! Bit under-braking on mountains but again, drive with the gearbox and all is ok. Normal hills etc.: no problem.
    As you can hear, we drove a lot in europe this summer. 7000km in 5 weeks.
    Don’t even think about T2 or T3 as these are death traps from any angle in collision, though T3 is better than T2. T4 is good, with 2 airbags and a strong shape, not a Saab 9-3 though. See Crash-Test url.
    Look at rust places carefully. Lot of false rooms, but it’s a model fault. It’s fine.
    Good luck!
    Richard

Richard
    Participant

which
    Budget is a good question. Broadly speaking if you research the web you will find your answers, this takes hours and hours but will really fill you up with info. I bought my 1st in june, a 1993 T4 “California”. Get a diesel with turbo as the injection alone is too weak, though it does the job if you drive thoughtfully. Don’t even think about petrol! Bit under-braking on mountains but again, drive with the gearbox and all is ok. Normal hills etc.: no problem.
    Don’t even think about T2 or T3 as these are death traps from any angle in collision, though T3 is better than T2. T4 is good, with 2 airbags and a strong shape, not a Saab 9-3 though. See Crash-Test url.
    Look at rust places carefully. Lot of false rooms, but it’s a model fault. It’s fine.
    Good luck!
    Richard

Richard
    Participant

which
    Good luck!
    Richard

Richard
    Participant

which
    Good luck!
    Richard

Richard
    Participant

which
    Good luck!
    Richard

Richard
    Participant

which
    Good luck!
    Richard

Richard
    Participant

which
    Good luck!
    Richard

Richard
    Participant

which
    Good luck!
    Richard

Richard
    Participant

which
    Good luck!
    Richard

Richard
    Participant

which
    Good luck!
    Richard

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.