What food to take

Home Forum topic Camping What food to take

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 33 total)
  • Author
    Andy P
    Participant

Okay, so far….
    So then, so far I have the following:

Dried: Pasta.
    Tinned: Vine leaves, tuna, rice pudding, bolognese ( maybe chilli too ).
    Fresh: Sweet peppers, lemons, garlic, shallots, salad, spuds, garlic bread, some meat chops and fruit.
    Plus all the fried brekkie stuff, tea, coffee and such and lots of booze too. I think I shall add a small loaf of bread, some dried rice ready-to-cook and a jar of jam too.

Thanks all for your ideas so far, and any other suggestions?

Andy P.

Andy P
    Participant

Okay, so far….
    So then, so far I have the following:

Dried: Pasta.
    Tinned: Vine leaves, tuna, rice pudding, bolognese ( maybe chilli too ).
    Fresh: Sweet peppers, lemons, garlic, shallots, salad, spuds, garlic bread, some meat chops and fruit.
    Plus all the fried brekkie stuff, tea, coffee and such and lots of booze too. I think I shall add a small loaf of bread, some dried rice ready-to-cook and a jar of jam too.

Thanks all for your ideas so far, and any other suggestions?

Andy P.

mgroadster
    Participant

Food for your dog!
    Food for your dog!

mgroadster
    Participant

Food for your dog!
    Food for your dog!

mgroadster
    Participant

Food for your dog!
    Food for your dog!

mgroadster
    Participant

Food for your dog!
    Food for your dog!

Andy P
    Participant

Steak
    Ah, now having been there I must suggest a nice big, juicy steak to eat with some green salad leaves, cooked on the little gas cooker and enjoyed as the dog chews on a bone. Very nice.

Andy P
    Participant

Steak
    Ah, now having been there I must suggest a nice big, juicy steak to eat with some green salad leaves, cooked on the little gas cooker and enjoyed as the dog chews on a bone. Very nice.

Andy P
    Participant

Steak

Andy P
    Participant

Steak

Andy P
    Participant

Update!
    I have now found that when it comes to me, the puppy dog and the tent, the fewer the things I need to take, the better. For this reason can I say you check out any and all tinned foods you buy for a trip and try to only get the tins with a ring pull top. Not having to need a can opener may sound like a small matter, but it is so cool to be able to pull open the tins, particularly when the dog and I are off on a day of walking. OK, so I have the Knife/Fork/Spoon to lever open a tin if the ring pull comes off and I realise those with poor hands may prefer a can opener, but for the rest of use, I think they are cool. Anyone else have an opinion on the matter?

Andy P.

Andy P
    Participant

Update!
    I have now found that when it comes to me, the puppy dog and the tent, the fewer the things I need to take, the better. For this reason can I say you check out any and all tinned foods you buy for a trip and try to only get the tins with a ring pull top. Not having to need a can opener may sound like a small matter, but it is so cool to be able to pull open the tins, particularly when the dog and I are off on a day of walking. OK, so I have the Knife/Fork/Spoon to lever open a tin if the ring pull comes off and I realise those with poor hands may prefer a can opener, but for the rest of use, I think they are cool. Anyone else have an opinion on the matter?

Andy P.

Andy P
    Participant

Update!

Andy P.

Andy P
    Participant

Update!

Andy P.

Andy P
    Participant

And Another Thing…..
    Is there anything better than the good old boil-in-the-bag rice? It is a one pot meal as you boil the rice in water, pour the water into the bucket ready for use in washing up, then open the ring pull top can of chilli, add to the pot and warm up and serve in the one same pot! How is that for simple, easy and tasty?

Oh – other meals are readily available………..

Andy P.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 33 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.