Water heater

Home Forum topic Campervan Conversions Water heater

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Dezleiper
    Participant

Okay, am half way through my first conversion (Vauxhall Movano) and I want to fit a small shower unit. I wanted to keep it basic so my thought was a water heater that had a controllable thermostat and run it direct to the shower head. On and off controlled through a simple ball valve. Great in theory but the catch is, I can’t find such a water heater!
    So, does anyone who of such a water heater or a simple way of setting up a shower?
    Cheers!

Darren

There are very few 12v water
    There are very few 12v water heaters that are usable, as they draw so much power.
    A gas water heater is a better option. It will output a fairly constant temperature, and so can be directly connected to the shower head unit. You can also use it at the kitchen sink taps, by splitting the water pipe out of the heater.

Dezleiper
    Participant

Thanks Darren
    Thanks Darren
    Yeah, it was a 12v / gas unit I was looking for.
    I was hoping just to run one pipe, hence the reason I was hoping to find a controllable water heater but it would appear that they are all fixed temperature.
    Looks like a mixer tap is the best option

Cheers

Darren

Ah, I see. Mixer tap is a
    Ah, I see. Mixer tap is a great idea.

Fulltimer
    Participant

Normally I heat my water by sticking a black water jug in the sun. When sun isn’t available, I use a Zodi Fire Coil on my camp stove, or in a campfire to quickly heat as much water as I want. Then I dump it into a converted weed sprayer with a kitchen sink sprayer replacing the original nozzle.

They also have battery operated shower heads/hoses with a pump that you can just dunk into your water source.

I don’t like the idea of wasting fuel to heat water when I don’t need it. I don’t have one, but they do have propane fired, tankless, on demand water heaters available. I just prefer my method because it’s cheap, simple, and not much to go wrong with it.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.