VW T5/6 or Transit Custom?

Home Forum topic Buying or selling a camper van VW T5/6 or Transit Custom?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Gary217
    Participant

We’ve had a VW T5 converted van for a few years now, it’s got quite high mileage and is hitting 10 yrs old. We love the van and the holidays, it’s size and flexibility works well for us. As we’re hitting early 60s young we’ve (sort of) decided to blow a lot of our savings on a newer SWB van that will hopefully last us until we decide to give up touring. We fancy doing the conversion -probably using professionals for the big and important stuff – so we can specify the layout etc to our likes.
    However, we need to decide on the base van and have narrowed it down to a couple of models – VW T5/6 or the new Transit Custom.
    For the VW (in our minds) – lower depreciation, cab area is a bit more car like, there are more converters and kits around for VWs, slightly cooler image (not a big deal for us…!)
    For the Transit Custom – lower initial purchase price, possibly lower repair and servicing costs, nice drive, slightly more square shape so more practical. One aspect I’m not keen on with the transit is the way the windows rise up at the back, but guess that’s trendy.

What I’d appreciate is thoughts from others on here on any aspects we might have missed in our considerations please. It’ll be a well considered purchase, and always happy to receive all thoughts to assist us on that.
    Thanks.

David flide

T5 or transit custom
    We are in the same situation. One site u have the tradition of vw and camper conversions and the other the van of the year last year and a very very good base for a conversion.
    My guess is its all on the resale value and less depreciation. That said the custom is that good a van will it go against the grain and be a massive like for like competitor to the t5

David flide

T5 or transit custom
    We are in the same situation. One site u have the tradition of vw and camper conversions and the other the van of the year last year and a very very good base for a conversion.
    My guess is its all on the resale value and less depreciation. That said the custom is that good a van will it go against the grain and be a massive like for like competitor to the t5

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.