VW LT conversion

Home Forum topic Campervan Conversions VW LT conversion

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    chuck43
    Participant

Hi all. Just bought a s reg lwb vw lt to convert Into a camper with a garage in the back. Like a motox van type thing with beds above the garage. I’m planning on having a toilet/shower room one with removable toilet for when in shower to save space, as hob, fridge, seating that turns into another bed and some storage. The van has been started with bed frame welded in, and polystyrene in panel gaps as insulation. The van came with loads: Thick ply for the bed, thinner ply for the walls and some furniture wood to make cabinets etc, trim for the cabinets, therme water heater, lots of twin core wire, 12v led downlights, few switches, a inverter, a thing that looks like a fuse box (consumer unit is it?) a mains hook up in a box that I guess fits on the outside of the van to connect to site electricity or generator, roof window vents, hob and sink combo, and more that I’ve probably forgotten. What are the best first steps to get underway? I’ve ordered some bubble insulation that I’m going to line the inside with to help with condensation and insulation. I was going to ply line the whole van and carpet the camper section and chequer plate the garage section, then cut in the roof window vents and lights etc then start with making some units for the kitchen and seats. Or should I install the roof vents first and then lights and sockets etc as I line it and then carpet it. Any help would be very much appreciate it..

Darren

Hi
    Hi

I always recommend starting on the outside (windows and vents) and then working your way in.
    Also attach anything you need on the chassis (water tanks) now, before you start covering the floor inside.
    Then insulate and line the walls and floor. You might want to run cables in the lining before you cover everything over.
    Then carpet or line the ways.
    Then build your furniture.
    Once you’ve got it lined and carpeted, it will feel totally different.

Darren

Hi
    Hi

I always recommend starting on the outside (windows and vents) and then working your way in.
    Also attach anything you need on the chassis (water tanks) now, before you start covering the floor inside.
    Then insulate and line the walls and floor. You might want to run cables in the lining before you cover everything over.
    Then carpet or line the ways.
    Then build your furniture.
    Once you’ve got it lined and carpeted, it will feel totally different.

chuck43
    Participant

nice one cheers.
    nice one cheers.
    so im going to start by fitting the roof vents at the weekend. is it as simple as cut a hole the right size and seal the window in?
    then once they are in, i will insulate it and then run cables for lighting etc then ply line it. should i fit lights into the ply before i carpet it, or just cut out the holes or just carpet it then try and remember where the cables where?

cheers

chuck43
    Participant

nice one cheers.
    nice one cheers.
    so im going to start by fitting the roof vents at the weekend. is it as simple as cut a hole the right size and seal the window in?
    then once they are in, i will insulate it and then run cables for lighting etc then ply line it. should i fit lights into the ply before i carpet it, or just cut out the holes or just carpet it then try and remember where the cables where?

cheers

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.