Transit – in South France

Home Forum topic Camper Vans For Sale Transit – in South France

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    sarahcurtin
    Participant

Gumtree ad: http://www.gumtree.com/p/cars-vans-motorbikes/ford-transit-1997-camper-van-bargain-great-for-parts-or-repair-located-near-toulon-france/1074370685

FOR SALE – AS IS, WHERE IS

Perfect for someone looking for a cheap way to travel Europe, prepared for a small project and with some mechanical knowledge. OR perfect for someone looking for transit parts.

UK REGISTERED AS MOTORHOME – currently under a SORN (statutory off road notification)

It is currently located in La Seyne Sur Mer in Southern France (near Toulon).

It is only for the circumstances that I put it up at such a low price. We paid £3500 one year ago and we got a bargain with that price.

The van is not currently running, the engine is broken. I am not a mechanic and do not have time or money to invest in getting it fixed. I suspect there will be an easy fix and so this is a great buy for someone with the knowledge. Basically I was driving the van from France to the UK when the engine started smoking and smoke was coming out of the exhaust. I got it towed to my friends house in La Seyne.

I drove this van all around Scandinavia and Europe for a year, and had an absolutely fantastic time. It still has all camping equipment you could need, and all parts required to meet the European driving regulations. Amazing storage under the beds and many cupboards; great kitchen with gas bottles; 2x leisure batteries; electric connection cord; water tank; sink; high tip so you can easily stand; beds either as 2x singles or you can convert to a large bed across the back; tinted windows so that nobody can see inside; roof racks; blankets and pillows; table and chairs; extra camping stove; LED lights; surround sound stereo

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.