Transit Connect Cargo Van or Wagon?

Home Forum topic Campervan Conversions Transit Connect Cargo Van or Wagon?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    omniphil
    Participant

Hi folks,

New user here, I’m seriously considering getting a 2014 Transit Connect LWB for camper conversion. I have been watching tons of youtube videos on conversions.

What I am unsure of is do I get the Cargo version where the back is all stripped down and ready or do I start with the Wagon with the seats and insulation. I’d take out the 3rd row seats completely, but the 2nd row seats go pretty flat and I don’t think would get in the way of a bed that would just go over them. (Plus I can make the top of the bed hinged to fold back in case I want to flip up the 2nd row of seats for passengers)

I am thinking Wagon mostly because all the rear insulation is already in place and the Wagon’s generally come with windows already. However, am i going to want windows? will that make it way to hot?

Just trying to put some pros and cons together as to a cargo van with no windows vs a wagon with seats, windows, insulation. These things have gotten fuel efficient enough that I’d probably just drive it daily too.

Darren

I would go with the Wagon, as
    I would go with the Wagon, as it’s less work and will feel more homely. It is less flexible though.
    Do the windows open? If not they will heat up the inside without anyway of letting a breeze through.

Darren

I would go with the Wagon, as
    I would go with the Wagon, as it’s less work and will feel more homely. It is less flexible though.
    Do the windows open? If not they will heat up the inside without anyway of letting a breeze through.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.