Toyota Hiace

Home Forum topic Campervan Conversions Toyota Hiace

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Met_Al
    Participant

Hi all, new to the forum and to the whole conversion thing. Have just bought a T reg Toyota Hiace and the plan is to convert it over a little while for as little money as possible, pretty much learning as I go along.

Can anybody share their experiences of a Hiace conversion? Would love to learn what I can for you.

In particular as I am in the early planning stage anyone who wants to share the ‘footprint’ or layout of their interior would be ace!

Thanks,
    Alan

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
  1. Very cheap conversion
    My last van was a hiace and I literally made a removable full size bed in that folded up to half size with a futon matress on. Cost me £30 in wood to make and £10 for the futon matress from gumtree. I used a portable gas stove to cook on, and used a water container and bucket for washing up. Was the most basic and cheap ‘conversion’ I could do, but served me for camping and festival trips for 2 years.
    good luck with yours,
    Caz

2. hiace conversion
    Hi Alan,

I have a Hiace that i have just about finished, i will always have tweaks to make i think!.
    Its basicaly a typical cupboards down one side and a 3/4 width fold out bed. i have fitted a sink, lighting, leisure battery, insuation etc. I will try and get some pics up at some point.

Ali