To camp or not to camp

Home Forum topic Introduce Yourself To camp or not to camp

Viewing 7 posts - 61 through 67 (of 67 total)
  • Author
    Wanderer007
    Participant

Sorry
    I did not explain properly, this is a few years ago remember, the van at the time was 9k the professional conversation with everything cost 7k and it was valued at 18k

You have a good point on the diesel option, but it is a known fact if you dont do over 10k per year in a camper or over 20k in a car then diesel isnt worth the extra. But I wouldnt argue or debate your choice, if I am honest. thank you for your comments though. I am always view your comments with interests 🙂

Deb
    Participant

Hi,we are two adults and a
    Hi,we are two adults and a whippet,i drive a transit petrol/lpg, i love it,I’m just converting it to a camper,im not good at woodwork etc but i can get by,so im sure you could build your own camper,its just a case of being brave enough. Or buy units off ebay etc,i had the idea of using baby changing tables and cutting holes in the tops for sink and cooker etc,i think they would be perfect,they just wouldnt fit the way i was thinking in my van but its an idea to play with instead of buying expensive camper units. You may surprise yourself by how you can all fit into a van,we went all over scotland and the lakes in my tiny suzuki van loaded with bikes and kayak etc. Another suggestion would be to also buy a nice big tent,that way you can do short stays in the van and longer stays in the tent,its so comfy and cheap that way and if its raining the family can sit in the tent while cooking is done in the van,lots of space,no fighting ! thats what we do.

ps Ive never known a collie that didn’t like an adventure with its humans.

Deb
    Participant

Hi,we are two adults and a whippet,i drive a transit petrol/lpg, i love it,I’m just converting it to a camper,im not good at woodwork etc but i can get by,so im sure you could build your own camper,its just a case of being brave enough. Or buy units off ebay etc,i had the idea of using baby changing tables and cutting holes in the tops for sink and cooker etc,i think they would be perfect,they just wouldnt fit the way i was thinking in my van but its an idea to play with instead of buying expensive camper units. You may surprise yourself by how you can all fit into a van,we went all over scotland and the lakes in my tiny suzuki van loaded with bikes and kayak etc. Another suggestion would be to also buy a nice big tent,that way you can do short stays in the van and longer stays in the tent,its so comfy and cheap that way and if its raining the family can sit in the tent while cooking is done in the van,lots of space,no fighting ! thats what we do.

Deb
    Participant

Deb
    Participant

Deb
    Participant

Deb
    Participant

Viewing 7 posts - 61 through 67 (of 67 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.